Author Topic: Learned something today while shopping for a bra  (Read 1526 times)

Offline Puna

• Posting Member
I mentioned slightly about this topic on another post. 

Today I went to Macy’s to re-up on bras before my trip. The maiden form basic t-shirt bras was on sale. I’ve tried these bras before, but it never sit right and the side would always curl. But those bras was 38b. This time I decided to try 38c instead and see if that helped. 

Shortly after leaving Macy’s, I figured give it a try and it turns out that was the problem. It turns out that this probably I can easily wear bra all day long. So this is my lesson, try different sizes if you think it’s a close fit. 

Also to mention, when I went to check out, the sales lady asked if I found what I was looking for and I told her that I’m looking for a bra I could use to wear on the plane, cause I don’t want any problems at the air port. I also explained what style I like to wear. She pointed me right to what I was looking for. She ended up selling me a lightly padded sports bra with adjustable traps. I haven’t tried it yet, but I’ll give it a test run tomorrow. I can’t remember the brand This minute, but I’ll update when I try it on.

Offline SideSet

So glad you found bras you like and were helped by a nice sales associate.  Although shopping for a bra can be nerve wracking for males, if we are straight forward that we have breasts kike a woman and need to wear a bra like one, most sales associates will get it and be most helpful.

She pointed you to a wirefree bra for going through airport screening.  Beware only TSA Precheck does metal detectors.  The general screening line is scanners that will detect the extra on your check and most likely result in a male patting down your bra area.

Offline blad

With a scanner, I always have to have a pat down at the airport. I just tell them I am wearing a bra and they just send me on my way.

Got tired of playing games and taking my bra off before the security screening and finding a spot to put it back on after.
If the bra fits, wear it.

Orb

Good for you.  I went through the scanner last week and just didn't wear till I reached my destination.  Hoodie over a T shirty.  I know I should be more brave.  I just didn't want the controversy.  I've been pulled aside to many times, just wanted smooth sailing now.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 07:30:02 AM by Orb »

Offline Puna

• Posting Member
So glad you found bras you like and were helped by a nice sales associate.  Although shopping for a bra can be nerve wracking for males, if we are straight forward that we have breasts kike a woman and need to wear a bra like one, most sales associates will get it and be most helpful.

She pointed you to a wirefree bra for going through airport screening.  Beware only TSA Precheck does metal detectors.  The general screening line is scanners that will detect the extra on your check and most likely result in a male patting down your bra area.
If that happens, I could tell them it’s a back brace lol.

Offline Puna

• Posting Member
Well I did buy couple Auden wireless t shirt bras from Target, I’m just concerned the hooks would set off machine. I was also thinking take a bra with me and once I go through screening, go to the rest room and put it on. I really want to comfortable during a 5 hr flight. If I do that, then I’ll consider using a underwire.

Offline Puna

• Posting Member
Also I did try the bras I got from Macys. I tried the sports bra, it’s ok. I’m so used to wearing underwire’s, it’s hard to find it comfortable. 

How ever the t shirt bras I got is actually turning out to be pretty comfortable and spent some time in it last night and fell asleep wearing it. Only thing is that the bottom of the band was curling slightly, but not a big deal. I’m gonna try playing the the hooks and see how it goes. So anyone that’s curious, I recommend giving this bra a try. Also side note, I do use extenders, so there’s a lot of room to play with.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024