Author Topic: 2nd Corrective Op- Anyone had Surgery by Local Anaesthetic (Still Awake)..?  (Read 3012 times)

Offline W1NNER

• Posting Member
hi There,

I'm going back for a 2nd Op, I had lipo only the first time which didn’t remove the actual gland tissue. The PS is doing the corrective surgery free of charge but i would have to pay for the Anaesthetist (more like a cash injection lol!) and Hospital fee which is about £800GBP.  (the equivalent to a 2 week holiday, 2 x PS3's or 40 Lap dances!  ;D)

To save this money the PS said it can be done under local Anaesthetic which means I’ll save on the above fees and can go home the same night, the only drawback is that i will feel some pain and discomfort as I will be awake throughout the procedure.. Has anyone had this done and what are your thoughts..? Is this a traumatic experience or is it good to watch the surgeon at work which will give me chance to give him some feedback..? At least I get to watch him earn his money!

Please let me know your thoughts Gents your Opinions are important to me, have you have had this done? or have considered this a viable option to save cash.?  ??? ??? ???

Cheers

Winner

Offline ovuca

• Posting Member
I recently had a revision with lipo only, awake with local anaestesia. No painkillers, no sedatives. I have to admit the pain was pretty intense, but I think it was worth it.

Offline Gone

• Bronze Member
I had my surgery (excision and lipo) done in local anesthesia. Saved a bit more than 1000 euros there, so it was well worth it.

I was laying on the surgery table. First they gave me some pre-medicine by injection to my palm's vein, so that I'd feel more relaxed. Then the surgeon injected many times this anesthetic to my breastes. It hurted like hell! I can't lie... It hurts a lot. BUT, I think everyone of us can tolerate couple of minutes of pain after all the mental suffering we've gone through?

So after the anesthetic and couple doses of some relaxing medicine I was more than ready for the operation. The liposuction tube felt kind of unpleasent, but it only hurted a little bit when he poked the border of the anesthetic area. Other than that, I didn't feel anything unpleasent or anything else at all. I was chatting with the assistant doctor about football (the REAL football) and such at the same time as the surgeon was cutting my boobs off. :)

So: don't be afraid of the local anesthesia. At least if the staff are competent, there shouldn't be any problems. And about the injection pain: be prepared for the pain, accept it, be tough and I think it won't hurt as much as you thought. At least that's how I felt.

If you have any more questions, I'd be glad to help.

Offline junichihibiki

• Posting Member
I had my surgery with local anesthesia and to tell you, it's quite tolerable, only lipo was done to me, I will have my revision surgery next week and excision will be done and once again local.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024