Author Topic: finasteride and gyno  (Read 4242 times)

Offline mikusk

Hello there,

So i started taking finasteride (1.25mg EOD) and i am starting to notice gyno symptoms,It is probably only in my head,but i want to make sure.I am nowhere near gyno atm but my nipples are just weird (puffy).I remember that i had kinda weird nipples also back then but i cant rly remember if it was like this.I am on fin roughly 3 weeks (preventing hairloss).iam almost sure iam not developing some serious gyno,nor i will in the future,i just want to ask for advice if it get worse.So i was thinking about buying nolvadex,just in case.So question is,can i take it with finasteride for a long period of time ?What dose should i take?Would small doses like 5mg eod prevent the gyno ? Is there any better stuff apart from nolvadex i could use in my case ?

Thanks for all answers in advance.

With best regards,
Mike.

Offline xelnaga13

Finasteride is not worth it in my opinion. However, Im not going bald. When you take DHT out of the equation you lose it's moderating effect on estrogen, it's antagonistic effect of the estrogen receptor, and its positive impact on free testosterone levels. Gyne is more likely to develop under these conditions. DHT also has a significant effect on libido and erection rigidity.

When your outward appearance becomes more important than your health you may want to take a step back and evaluate your priorities.

I never advise others to self medicate, but your nolvadex for emergency use is not too far off base. However, I highly recommend ceasing the finasteride protocol at the first signs of hormonal imbalance ( gyne).

A few related facts... over 40% of men are bald or balding. Studies suggest that people tend to associate baldness with leadership.

Offline mikusk

Finasteride is not worth it in my opinion. However, Im not going bald. When you take DHT out of the equation you lose it's moderating effect on estrogen, it's antagonistic effect of the estrogen receptor, and its positive impact on free testosterone levels. Gyne is more likely to develop under these conditions. DHT also has a significant effect on libido and erection rigidity.

When your outward appearance becomes more important than your health you may want to take a step back and evaluate your priorities.

I never advise others to self medicate, but your nolvadex for emergency use is not too far off base. However, I highly recommend ceasing the finasteride protocol at the first signs of hormonal imbalance ( gyne).

A few related facts... over 40% of men are bald or balding. Studies suggest that people tend to associate baldness with leadership.

Yeh i am aware of any other possible sides of this drug,If any of the more serious effects comes in place  (libido decrease or erection dysfunction) there is no possible way i will continue usage.However,Estrogens in body can be controlled,so i am opened to some medication which will help me to balance the estro levels in my body.Regarding my hair status,no i dont wanna be bald obviously,I am not even 20,Although i still have full head of hair,i am starting to bald (have it in genes,father and grandfa are bald too).I am also healthy person,exercising almost every day with proper nutrition.So in my opinion there are very little chances that i will have any problems because of taking such medicine since i care about myself and as far as i know healthy people should not have any problems even if the take such medicine.(might be wrong,but yeh i wanna save my hair,really).So i wanna continue finasteride usage,and if any estrogen imbalance comes in place,i want to start some medicine to even the effect.

So my question is again : what doses should i take if my estro levels get out of control?Is there any better medicine aside from nolvadex in my case ?

Offline xelnaga13

Research aromatase inhibitors, aromasin being the best of the lot .

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024