Author Topic: Medical insurance coverage?  (Read 1999 times)

Offline micheal1

• Posting Member
Ive had enlarge breast since I was 9 years old. It started during puberty and pretty much stayed the same until now. Im now 22 and despite assurance from my doctor that it will stop they have just kept growing.

One is now twice the size as the other and at times is extremly painful. Ive gone to several doctors all which can not determine the cause and continously advise me to not worry that it will correct itself in the future. Ive watied  13 years. Im tired of waiting.

Ive tried reviewing my insurance policy to see if their is any way possible to get this surgery covered. It seems that the only way I can get this surgery covered is by geting an unsympathetic doctor to understand what Im going through and have them deem my surgery medically possible.

Any comments are more than welcomed.

Offline rcbrown23

OK...this has been asked a hudred times, with a hundred different answers. The majority of the time, insurance does NOT cover. That's the bad news. On the other hand, many people come and go and don't pay a dime. I would have to suggest, well first of all go to an endocrinologist to make sure there's no underlying issue going on, and there may be if you're 22 and it's "painful".

Find a Doctor or Endo and tell them that it  is very painfull at times, and see if they'll write you a letter of recomendation to your insurance company. This seems to be the best way to get insurance to cover it. You could also post which insurance company you have and maybe people with the same company have tried in the past.

-Brown

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024