Author Topic: Re: Surgery with Levick 21.11 pre and post-op pics !  (Read 8436 times)

Offline farao_101

• Bronze Member
everything i wrote here is gone :s But here are the pre.op pics ...
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 06:41:21 PM by farao_101 »

Offline adamj

• Silver Member
Hey farao_101,

Welcome to the board and congratulations on making the decision to make surgery. I'm sure you won't regret it. I think it's quite hard to make a recommendation because you can't try both, but you have selected the most popular two surgeons in the UK there.

In my experience (I'm 4 weeks post op today :) ), the whole process with Dr. Karidis was very good and I am very happy with my results so far. They have two different processes. Karidis make 4 incisions, one below each nipple, and one under each armpit. It is generally quite painless with the drugs that are provided. I have heard Levick makes just the 2 incisions but you're better talking to Wingman. Both surgeons cost about the same. You may have to have a consultation and a blood test before the surgery.

Welcome here, and good luck. Don't hesitate to fire questions out to us, we know what it's like.

Offline darkstar

• Silver Member
Hi man, first of all, it looks like you are in good shape, so the surgery process shouldn't be too bad. The lipo process is the part which causes the most damage, and you look like you have a low BF %.

I wen't with Levick, but as adam said, it's difficult to suggest one over the other. Karidid certainly gets more exposure and interest on this board, but Levick just as qualified/experienced/good, he could even be better. Just from the looks of things, levick seems to be a bit more gentle in his approach.

My advice would be to go with whichever one is easier to get to, so long as you get the right vibes during the consultation.

Offline sjwsjw

• Gold Member
I'm going with karidis based on location, London is 3hrs (give or take) from where I live and Birmingham is about 5hr. Both are well respected and I'm looking to make the experience as easy as possible as far as the day of surgery is concerned. I'd say work out the travel (and if you intend to stay for a few days your accommodation) and go from there. You can email both via their websites or phone them if you prefer if you'd like to ask any questions about overseas surgery.

Offline Nipper

• Gold Member
Hey Farao

I think you'll get top results whichever surgeon you choose.  I'm almost 6 weeks post op, with the last 3 or 4 weeks being the best in my life, ever..and I'm 41!  You won't regret it Chief, that's the only guarantee I can give right now ;)

Offline Nipper

• Gold Member
Or, I could recount a tale of Pre Op Blues Vs Post Op Ecstasy

Whenever I have a bath I usually have a shave and I use a little circular mirror in the bath to assist in doing so.  This mirror allowed me to blot out the gyne, well visually anyway.  

I could actually see my head shoulders and top part of my chest and I could almost pretend I never had it but if I flicked the mirror at a certain angle, I could see my gyne in all it's glory(sic) and that would depress the fawk out of me!  

Was in the bath tonight, flicked the mirror down, then again, and again...I have a tight little inward sloping chest, just like I've always longed for, you won't regret this mate, no matter how many times you try and talk yourself out of it.

Just do your research, read everyone's logs if you can, take your time and narrow it down until you get that gut feeling for the leap of faith!

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
You won't go wrong with either surgeon in the UK. Having experienced Levick first hand and now four weeks post op, I can certainly recommend the surgery with him. Similarly you will get a smooth experience with Karidis also, if the countless stories on here are anything to go on (which they most certainly are).

There are pros and cons to both. The surgery costs are very similar, if slightly more expensive with Karidis. From images and information taken from this site, it appears Karidis' technique is much more intrusive, and you'll wear the compression vest immediately after. With Levick you'll be bandaged up for a week and therefore unable to shower/bathe.

You can follow my story here on this UK forum.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask here, there's a wealth of information to be gained and you can know exactly what the procedure will be (down to the meals you want to choose after the op!)

Well done for finding this site and good luck with all your surgery endeavours.

Follow my Twitter: www.twitter.com/wingman0401

Offline farao_101

• Bronze Member
Thanks for answers guys!

Things have been moving a lot faster than i expected when i first posted in this forum!
I have booked a consultation with Levick on the 20th November, and surgery the 21! It's under a month until, and the butterflies comes immediately when i think about it!It's finally time to do something about it!!! I really dont think its anything to wait for! I made up my mind a loooong time ago, that surgery was the right thing to do! Sooner is better :D And i think I'm in really good hands after reading the experiences of many on this forum!
I'll keep you guys updated on my journey, with pics and words on my experience :)

Offline adamj

• Silver Member
Congratulaions Farao, I hope it all goes well. You have done very well to get it sorted so soon! Time will fly by and you'll be on the other side in no time  ;)

Offline Nipper

• Gold Member
Sooner the better I reckon mate, as the surgery is just the first part in a very long journey, so best getting that done ASAP!  Grats mate, the time will fly if you are nervous but you needn't worry, you're in good hands.

Offline Pez2

• Bronze Member
Really not long now until your consultation and surgery. Hope it all goes as planned, be interested to hear of your experience with levick and see some post op pictures.
Gyno free :)

Offline Nipper

• Gold Member
Looking forward to it mate, Best of luck with everything :)

Offline farao_101

• Bronze Member
just one week until levicks magic wand gonna try fix my chest !

Offline Nipper

• Gold Member
Wohoo! All uphill from here on in mate, good luck!

Offline improving

• Silver Member
Best of luck mate, you're in good hands! :) Let us know how you get on!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024