Author Topic: will tamoxifen hurt my workouts?  (Read 4106 times)

Offline bignipCT

• Bronze Member
Glandular gynecomastia develops differently in different people.

In some people there is a breast bud, what people describe as hard or rubber-like material often disc shaped, other times the glandular mass is more diffuse and nodular.  

In some people the mass is conical, which forces the nipples to protrude, some people with gynecomastia also have greatly enlarged areolas.  I think the two situations I have pointed to in this paragraph are the cases which some refer to as swollen or puffy nipples.

ok so let me get this straight.......if i just have puffy nipples because i dont feel this hard tissue that is always spoken of, but i will make doc appointment soon that can just be reduce with lower weight. I mean if i just shrink my nips down some who cares if they are a little puffy

Offline Hypo-is-here

ok so let me get this straight.......if i just have puffy nipples because i dont feel this hard tissue that is always spoken of, but i will make doc appointment soon that can just be reduce with lower weight. I mean if i just shrink my nips down some who cares if they are a little puffy

There is no simple answer here for a number of reasons.  One of which is peoples description of what their problem is and the other is due to the nature of gynecomastia itself.

If you are overweight and your gynecomastia is non glandular, sometimes referred to as pseudogynecomastia, then weight loss may help resolve the problem or at least diminish the problem and reduce the size of the areola.

Even if your gynecomastia is definitely pseudogynecomastia and you have no glandular mass (some surgeons claim the only true way of knowing the difference between fat and glandular material is too remove it and feel it in their hands), you might still want/require surgery on the areolas to correct this problem.  

It would depend on the individual and how successful or unsuccessful weight loss was I suppose and how big the problem was to start with.

If you can feel a hard rubber disc like material behind the areolas/chest or if you can feel lots of diffuse noddular lumps in the chest then you most likely have some glandular gynecomastia that would probably need removal in order for the areolas to look more natural and maybe diminish in size.

Again in such a case you might still want/need areola surgery and losing weight may still be an issue.

As you can see I am trying to explain too many variables, seriously just consider this as very general information.

I am not a plastic surgeon.

For this question to be answered in a professional way you would need to consult a quality and respected plastic surgeon.

If you start a thread titled question for D B he will be able to answer the question better for you.

P.S

I did my best- but this is not really the thing that I am knowledgable about as that is hormones.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024