Author Topic: Just saw doctor; Does this sound normal?  (Read 1843 times)

Offline rich19007

• Posting Member
I am having a problem where I have a brownish liquid discharging from my nipples.   I went to 2 endocrinologists and all tests have come out fine, including a mamogram.  I was told to stop the leaking I would have to get the gland out.  My only issue is that if I am going to get the surgery, I want to get it right, both for that problem and aesthetics.  The surgeon said he will make an incision on the nipple and remove the gland that way.  I have read on this site that to do this surgery right, the gland has to be removed in addition to lipo, which this doctor did not mention.  I was also under the impression that in gynecomastia surgery, they make the incision at the bottom of the chest.  Can anybody enlighten me as to what the normal procrdure is?  I would hate to have to have surgery twice.  

Offline njknight

• Silver Member
  • I have gyno?  Doo!!!!!!
Just had surgery.  Insicions were made under my arms for the lipo and then a cut on each nipple to get the gland out.  That is right way to do it as far as I have read on here.

Offline nonini

• Silver Member
the cut is around the nipple to minimise scaring. I guess it depends on the composition of your breast if you need lipo, and insurance probably wouldnt cover the lipo part.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024