Author Topic: Had consultation today with NHS  (Read 3604 times)

Offline mujb

• Posting Member
Just back from my consultation with the NHS hospital in Glasgow, and it didn't get on too well. The consultant has said come back in 6 months as it gives me time to lose a little bit of weight and i can think about if i want to actually go through with the surgery. he said that i will be left with very big scars under each nipple and this will be just as bad as living with the actual problem of gyne. So he really got me worried, but i've been talking with my family and have been told that the scars won't be too bad. i would love to get it done privately however as i'm a student i can't afford 3-4 grand. plz any advice will be appreciated thanks

Offline steve21

• Posting Member
Hmm, it sounds to me as if your being fobbed off :(. He may have just been trying to discourage you. Scars should be tiny and barely even noticeable- mine are after nhs surgery a few weeks ago. Was it a general suregeon you saw? If so, you really need this op done by a plastic surgeon. A general suregeon just wont cut it im afraid.  Everyone here understands the phsycological impact of the condition and while you want to be rid of it asap, you dont want to be left with really bad scarring.

Offline outertrial

Hmm, it sounds to me as if your being fobbed off :(. He may have just been trying to discourage you. Scars should be tiny and barely even noticeable- mine are after nhs surgery a few weeks ago. Was it a general suregeon you saw? If so, you really need this op done by a plastic surgeon. A general suregeon just wont cut it im afraid.  Everyone here understands the phsycological impact of the condition and while you want to be rid of it asap, you dont want to be left with really bad scarring.

+1

Offline turningacorner

• Silver Member
wtf

why is the NHS SO backward and retarded in England

they can do it all through the nipple, why the darn would he leave you with horrible scars

go private ffs u can get excision done in the UK for 2,000, just get your bf % down.

I HATE THE NHS

Offline Chodel

• Silver Member
  • Défectuosité toujours
if done right you should not have trouble with major scaring, from what i have read anyway. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024