Author Topic: Where can I get these shirts from? + "fasion" advice  (Read 2763 times)

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
Hey, not a compression vest topic don't worry... something different!

I've been looking back at the past year or so and I worry a bit about my fashion sense.. I seem to live in my work clothes, I want to change and become a bit more stylish but obviously with gyne I feel very limited and have struggled to find anything I feel good in.

I use GC2 vests which work pretty well... I'm still not happy in t-shirts though, but polo shirts seem to fit me a lot better and I feel I look better in them and thus feel more confident.. In t-shirts I'm always worried of the vest being seen and I just don't feel all that comfy....

But for xmas last year a family member bought me some clothes, I didn't like any of them and they sat in a bag for months and months... anyway, a couple of weeks ago I decided to have another look at them.. and there was one shirt in there that I actually really like...

It's a thin layered polo shirt... its quite stylish compared to work clothes!! fits very comfy and there is a white underlayer attatched to the shirt which completely hides my vest.. its also got a pocket on the chest and one of the arms.. I guess its kind of a military style polo shirt, but layered ...it looks like wearing a white t shirt, with a blue polo shirt over the top, if that makes sense? Another good thing about it is that this isn't completely over-sized for me.. it fits me quite well with out being too baggy.

I want to get some more of these, different designs and colours etc.. but I can't find them anywhere?

Does anyone know the type of shirt I am on about, and know where I can get some from at reasonable prices?

Would appriceate some other fashionable clothes tips please! How about a long sleeve tshirt with a shirt over the top?  all ideas welcome.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 10:42:20 AM by Jackd »

Offline Jackd

• Silver Member
p.s just one thing I thought but I can't stand "chav" style polo shirts..  the type I have is definetly not chavvy, just wanted to clear that up before anyone reccomended some ralph lauren striped polo shirts :D hehe

Offline labadar

I'm not sure about the exact type of shirt you describe but try looking at 5.11 Tactical clothing.  It's available in the UK from a few suppliers and they do have a range of polo shirts that sound similar to the one you describe.

Offline manic91m9

• Gold Member
i think the best advice is to just go and try on alot of clothes before you buy. look for clothing with pockets on the chest, layers and thicker t shirts in darker colors will hide alot. also the position of the print on  a t shirt makes a big difference i  have found that prints higher on the chest give the illusion of a strong upper chest and distract from the condition. you might not feel comfortable trying on alot of clothes when shopping at first but it is quite normal.

Offline CAP

• Posting Member
I know the type of fake layered polo shirt you're talking about... there are a lot of them out there if you spend a day going around the shops, and work quite well.  I think polo shirts work better than t-shirts because of the more square shoulders and the collar.  The structure of the material makes them sit on your shoulders rather than hanging off your chest.

Also look out for short and long sleeve shirts with fake t-shirt linings.  I've found that these work really well to disguise my chest, though I often will do-up one button if walking in the wind, as they tend to flap open otherwise and sit right behind the old moobs.

God, I'm sounding like Trinny and Whatserface here... try tops that have a few stripes high-up around the very top of the chest (not lower on the chest) so that the strips sit above your moobs.  I'm not entirely sure why these work for me, but I think it's almost a visual trick.  Similar to short sleeve shirts with wide sleeves, they balance out a broad chest... unlike wearing something with tight sleeves (unless you have the biceps to really fill em out).  Tight sleeves make your arms look skinny, making your chest look bigger, which is not what your want.

Offline itsthepens

i know exactly the kind of polo shirt you mean, they were everywhere a year or two ago but now less common.
try looking in The Officer's Club (like a discount place usually in shopping malls in city centres, everything's always reasonably priced but claims to be '80% off!' - like it was ever £100!), also primark might have something like that - they certainly used to. Also try Burton and Next, although Next tend to charge about £10 more than other places for no discernable reason.

hope this helps

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024