Author Topic: Please help...22 yo with Gyne...  (Read 2115 times)

Offline kieran_22

• Bronze Member
Hi,

I'm 22 - had this problem since i was about 15 in both breasts - it does my head in...completely knocks my confidence and I can never take my top off - I even hate wearing shirts! I've never worn anything to compress my chest because I feel constricted!

Do the NHS even do anything about this?! If not, then is there anybody decent that is fairly cheap in the U.K?

I'd appreciate hearing from people who are obviously quite knowledgeable on this subject... :(

Thanks
Surgery with Mr. Levick on Thursday 18th August 2011 - currently recovering!

Offline outertrial

Welcome to the forum. You'll find the search option is useful in the toolbar at the top, a lot of people have tried the NHS route with varying results and plenty more have gone private. Fees range from £2700 to £5000 pounds in the UK. Youre first port of call should be your GP for a blood test, it gets a lot easier after that.

Offline Dr Gonzo

have a look at my thread "Opp with Karidis very soon "

best thing I have done was getting it operated on. You should be out on the beach enjoying your youth and your body.

I tried the NHS route but I didn't get very far and I think with something as important as your body and confidence saving up and paying for the best would be the right thing to do.

Feel free to message me if you would like to chat about it.

Good luck to you

Offline barclay

• Bronze Member
im one of the ones who had a good nhs experience

take a look at the thread in my signature

my opinion would be to try the nhs first, its free and you have nothing to lose, if your not happy with them, then look at the private side of things. thats just my outlook on it though

Offline kieran_22

• Bronze Member
im one of the ones who had a good nhs experience

take a look at the thread in my signature

my opinion would be to try the nhs first, its free and you have nothing to lose, if your not happy with them, then look at the private side of things. thats just my outlook on it though

The pictures look quite good mate, i'd say mine is similar to how your's was before your op. I'm going to book an appointment with my GP later today, and see what he says I guess!? I'd love to have it sorted for the summer, but at the same time i've had it since I was 15 - so i'm sure I can wait a little longer to find the right doc if I decided not to go with the NHS!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024