Author Topic: What are my options.  (Read 4103 times)

Offline DANNY d

• Posting Member
I am at the final straw and most definately want surgery. i just want to know how i go about doing it. I am going to inquire at my local private hospital and also set up a consultation with karidis and benito. Im from the Manchester area so any advice on surgeons would be great. Also any advice in general would be of much use.

Thanks for reading

Offline fed-up

• Silver Member
Hello mate.. & welcome to the site, Congratulations on the first steps in sorting out your gyne. I would definetly recommend that you have a consultation with Alex Karidis, I've recently had surgery with him & currently i'm 8 days post op, and so far so good. He is definetly one of the best at this surgery in my opinion & others included, and since gynecomastia is often 'cured' in one go.. you might aswell have it by one of the best, even though the price is slightly higher.

Hope this helps, let me know if you need to know anything else.
Surgery performed by Alex Karidis - 11/09/08

Offline WXYZ

• Bronze Member
I would say go with Karidis as I think he's probably the best private surgeon (for gyne) in the country. His staff are very good too and since I initially tried the NHS route I can say that attitude of staff does matter. What's also good is with Karidis is the technique he uses leaves little or no scars, the NHS surgeon told me there will be quite a bit of scarring if I went ahead with them. When it comes to gyne you don't want anyone in the future saying "Hey what's with those scars on your chest, that's nasty-looking" whenever you take off your shirt. Then you'll have to admit you once had man-boobs.  :-[ That's why it's important to find a surgeon who will minimise scarring. One of the main reasons we're getting rid of gyne is so we can have that confidence to go shirtless, either publicly or in private.

You can set up a consultation with Karidis by phoning his secretary. He may be a little expensive, but save up, get a loan, or borrow money from friends/family. His consultation is only £75, which goes to charity.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 02:55:40 PM by WXYZ »

Offline DANNY d

• Posting Member
Does Karidis jus do consultations and surgery in London
and is it hard to find his place. Im deffinately setting up a consultation on Monday.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Has anybody gone ahead with surgery through any other people and what were there experiences.

Offline WXYZ

• Bronze Member
and is it hard to find his place. Im deffinately setting up a consultation on Monday.

As far as I know, he's based in London and that's where he does his work. It's easy to find his place it's at St John's and Elizabeth's Hospital - a private Hospital, just a 5-minute walk from St John's Wood station.

Offline john7heaven

• Posting Member
Hi guys.

I wanted to ask this question please as I noticed you were saying Karadis minimises scarring?
(That's good to hear).

This interests me, as I thought only the Surgeon in Birmingham (Levick), does the Operation
via your armpits, e.g he's the only one in the UK?

I'd prefer to go to London to be honest and see Karadis if you also don't end up with scars on each nipple (Like Levick's method)...giving the game away in the future...so to speak that I once had man boobs!  : ;)

Offline kingboob

Hi guys.

I wanted to ask this question please as I noticed you were saying Karadis minimises scarring?
(That's good to hear).

This interests me, as I thought only the Surgeon in Birmingham (Levick), does the Operation

I'd prefer to go to London to be honest and see Karadis if you also don't end up with scars on each nipple (Like Levick's method)...giving the game away in the future...so to speak that I once had man boobs!  : ;)

My understanding is that Mr Levick does the standard op through little stab wounds in the armpit / side area and cuts up / sucks out the gland and fat that way. Where as Karadis does the nipple cut thing, both seem to give good results...... I was treated by Levick and I can say I'm very happy.

I would say go with Karidis as I think he's probably the best private surgeon (for gyne) in the country. His staff are very good too and since I initially tried the NHS route I can say that attitude of staff does matter. What's also good is with Karidis is the technique he uses leaves little or no scars, the NHS surgeon told me there will be quite a bit of scarring if I went ahead with them. When it comes to gyne you don't want anyone in the future saying "Hey what's with those scars on your chest, that's nasty-looking" whenever you take off your shirt. Then you'll have to admit you once had man-boobs.  :-[ That's why it's important to find a surgeon who will minimise scarring. One of the main reasons we're getting rid of gyne is so we can have that confidence to go shirtless, either publicly or in private.

You can set up a consultation with Karidis by phoning his secretary. He may be a little expensive, but save up, get a loan, or borrow money from friends/family. His consultation is only £75, which goes to charity.

I think you will find the attitude of all the staff that work in any private health care facility is fantastic, they really realise they are providing you a service that you have paid them for...... unlike SOME (not all) my NHS experiences where the doctor acts as if you are a piece of scum and they are going out of their way to treat your illness.

As for the scars; well there will always be scars from any operation...... how bad they are depends on many factors, some of which are down to luck really............ but of course the placement of the scar is down to you and your surgeon.......... discuss at length before the op to avoid any nasty surprises.

Also, I generally don't think people would notice such tiny scars, and even if they did I doubt they would comment, scars like that could be from anything and you could make up any old BS as to why you have them..................   I have quite a  large raised scar from a tummy tuck, and the only person that has made a comment was my bloody GP....... she seemed to think it was acceptable to blurt it out, but she is a trainee so I cut her some slack. 

I think what you have to do, is have 2 or 3 consults (a few hundred quid I'm afraid) and then go with who you like best.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 03:16:53 PM by kingboob »

Offline Toby1971

• Posting Member
Hi guys.

(That's good to hear).

Karidis cuts out the gland via a little semi circular incision in the bumpy part of the nipple. He goes in through the armpit to suck out the fat. He leaves the wound open to allow excess fluid to drain out then the wound heals naturally (he doesn't use drains which is a small plus). I am no expert but I think this method gives the surgeon a lot more close quarters control for cutting out the gland.

As for the scar it leaves behind, well on me you could come up close as you like with a very powerful magnifying glass and you will see no scar. The little scar that was there was barely visible after the OP & I would say it was gone completely in 4 weeks. The armpit scars are tiny, neat & hidden but take a lot longer to go. Mines are pretty faded now but i can still just see them if I hold up my arms. Definitely no scars on my nipples though. I'm 9 months post op with Karidis, if you do a search on my user name you should find my post with a link to pictures.

Offline outertrial

Thanks for the advice guys.

Has anybody gone ahead with surgery through any other people and what were there experiences.

In my sig.

Offline garrye100

• Fed Up with it now..
Hi guys.

(That's good to hear).

I have just had my surgery with Levick in Birmingham, and although London is closer to me, i chose Levick as he gave me all the answers and made me feel comfortable about using him for this, important, op. As for the scarring, Levick uses a single incision in the folds at the top of your armpit to do all the work. there are no incisions around the nipple - so you only have 2 tiny wounds to heal. I am just over 2 weeks now, and my wounds are hardly noticeable.

From my time skulking around in this forum over the years, Levick and Karidis both deliver good results with their not too dissimilar methods. meet them and see who you feel most comfortable with.

Surgery with Paul Levick. 26th Sept 2008 at the Priory Hospital.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024