Author Topic: Paul Levick is a legend..now with before and after pics.  (Read 10467 times)

Offline howdo?

• Posting Member
Dear Friends,

had surgery at the priory in Birmingham with Paul Levick a week ago, just eased the bandages off after a good soak in the bath, the bruising is quite bad but the result is really really pleasing. like joyously pleasing....

I've had the gyne since puberty. That's about 25 years of embarrassment, not taking my shirt off, missing out on lads holidays, avoiding going to the beach, nervous in bed with women, and choosing the right clothes to hide it.

Thanks to this site and the many contributors who have shared their own experiences I plucked up the courage to book and go through with the surgery, despite real doubts many times and nearly backing out on a few occasions.

My experience at the hospital were all excellent, the nurses were all brilliant, but a big shout out to Paul Levick himself, I really got the impression that you are not just another patient for him, he really wants to do a good job for you, he came into my room before going down to theatre and calmed my nerves, (I was terrified frankly), he chatted away whilst marking up my chest, after surgery I woke up drowsy and was wheeled back to my room but felt OK and relieved it was all over.

After surgery he came to see me again and spent a good while chatting and telling me how it had gone, and then again the day after before I was released, he popped in again and had a good chat and shook my hand before leaving.

If you are thinking about surgery, don't underestimate the journey you have to take, the risks you put yourself through and the long road to full recovery that I have only just embarked on. And I think that you have to be realistic about your expectations about the result too, you can't expect perfection, I really wanted an improvement and that is what I believe I have.

Thanks again to all the contributors to this site, I have read so many posts that have given me the confidence to get this done, I owe you all a very large beer!........
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 08:45:25 AM by howdo? »

Offline kingboob

Nice to see a positive post for a change!  

Glad to hear it went well.

I really got the impression that you are not just another patient for him, he really wants to do a good job for you, he came into my room before going down to theatre and calmed my nerves, (I was terrified frankly), he chatted away whilst marking up my chest, after surgery I woke up drowsy and was wheeled back to my room but felt OK and relieved it was all over.

Sounds exactly like my experience to be honest.   There isn't much to be worried about, in my opinion worst bit is probably the 2-3 mins it takes for them to prepare the anaesthetic and then the 10 to 15 seconds after they inject it....... The nerves are jangling and then when they finally do the injection you can feel it go up your arm like iced water!....... its a weird feeling when combined with all the anxiety!

I hope it all heals up well and I'm sure others would like to see before and afters if you feel like posting at some point.

Offline howdo?

• Posting Member
I'll get some before and after pics up soon..... :)

Offline JamesDawson

• Bronze Member

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Same here...  Congrats!!!

GB... (On the other side of the Pond...)
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
Welcome to gyne.org, howdo.  Glad everything went well for you.  Come around often and post some pics when you can.

Offline emanresu

• Silver Member
Glad you're sorted mate. I hope the recovery is plain-sailing.

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
Glad it went well mate. Can I ask how much the total cost was ?

Offline howdo?

• Posting Member
It cost me £3875, It sounds a-lot but it's been worth it. I had a night in a hotel the night before and another night the night after leaving hospital, (you get a night in the Priory after the op) which I was glad about so that you can fully recover. I'm now nearly 5 weeks post op, and recovery has gone really well. Bruising was bad after taking the bandages off, but I've been nicely surprised about how fast they have gone, and I'm really happy with the profile of my chest.

If I spent hours staring at my chest and obsessing over every detail I could find minor imperfections, but if I took my shirt off at the beach or at the pool, it looks absolutely normal.

I'll post some pics soon, very best of luck If you are going for it, my attitude was prepare for it like a sporting event, get fit and tone up, get muscle around the area, give yourself every chance of a great result but be realistic, perfection is impossible, but if you can get 90% satisfaction that is well worth it.

Offline howdo?

• Posting Member
Finally got round to posting pics, I'm now 8 weeks post op and doing well, still really happy with the result. Hope everything is going well with you guys, by the way the pic doesn't show a man with gyne standing next to another without, I just merged the two pics to together!!! best of luck all!....

Offline howdo?

• Posting Member
just in case you're confused you need to be logged in to see the pictures....

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
Great results mate !! bet you are well chuffed !!

Offline howdo?

• Posting Member
thanks mate, I am well chuffed!...worth all the hassle now.

Offline somedude999

• Silver Member
Great to hear  :)

You don't look to have any swelling at all, did you have any early on ? have you been massaging ?

Offline howdo?

• Posting Member
I don't know whether there is swelling or not really, there might be a little bit, I have been wearing the vest until recently and I have only been massaging a little bit and not too hard at all. I haven't started training my upper body in the gym yet but I have been running on the treadmill (from week 6) and I was cycling on an exercise bike from about week two. I was also having a half hour daily walk from about the third day after the op because I didn't want to slob around too much!...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024