Author Topic: Surgery done! It's over!  (Read 3242 times)

Offline matt chaos

• Posting Member
Another typical story to add... I've been reading the forum for some time now for advice, had my surgery yesterday and just wanted to come and say thanks to all that have posted and share my story.

I've always been a pretty confident person, never had trouble with the ladies and never really been teased about my gyne. However, I finally got sick of tweaking the old nipples whenever anyone wasn't looking and the final straw came when I lost 25lbs and it looked worse than ever (I'm pretty slim now, middleweight boxer).

I bit the bullet and decided to use my savings to get this done. I went in yesterday and used Transform (UK company) with Dr. Persico. The private hospital was great and everyone was really helpful. Around 4pm I was to theatre, they spent no time messing around, the IV was in before I knew it and the next thing I knew I woke up in a different room with two cheerful nurses telling me jokes.

Afterwards I felt pretty quesy and hot, but I had some food, water, got myself back to sleep and was fine later. Now it's 24hrs since they started on me and I'm not really in any pain (haven't needed painkillers), just my movement is restricted and it's a little sore sometimes when I move. I have a really tight dressing on, underneath my comression garment, so I've no idea how it looks yet (which is strange). My dressing will be changed in 7 days time so I guess I will see then. Maybe I can sneek a peek before then...

Anyway, I took a lot of it in my stride up to the day of surgery - barring a few freak outs when thinking about the surgery - and totally freaked out when I arrived in my room. But it was all for nothing in the end, so if you're waiting to get it done I'll join everyone else and advise to just take it in your stride as much as you can.

If anyone has any questions then fire away. I'll keep you updated with the results once I find out. For now I'm very happy that the 'worst' is over  :)

Offline matt chaos

• Posting Member
Ah this has been moved to the UK section, I never found this before...

I just hope now that I'm happy with the results from Dr. Persico becuase if I had found this before I wold have gone to Dr. Karidis after seeing your comments and the pics on his site. A little worried now that if the results aren't great then I've made an expensive mistake...

Offline emanresu

• Silver Member
Hey Matt and well done for finally making the decision to get the surgery. I hope the end result works out well for you. Oh yea, remember to upload some before and after pics!

I'm going under the knife myself soon, and my only question is this: Do you feel capable of driving a vehicle 24hrs after surgery? The only reason I ask is because I want to minimize the amount of money I spend on expensive London hotels (going with Karidis).

Offline matt chaos

• Posting Member
I don't think driving is a very good idea to be honest! Are you staying over night? Main factors are feeling extremely tired (not being able to stay awake) and being extremely limited in movement.

Offline matt chaos

• Posting Member
Just to add that I'm coming up to 48 hours post-surgery and am starting to feel much better. I've read your other thread and reckon if you can wait 48 rather than 24 hours it'll be much better. You wouldn't want to be on the gear stick or handbrake much in that 3 hours though, just take it easy.

Offline Celts

• Bronze Member
How much was it with transform matt??

Offline matt chaos

• Posting Member
It was £3,600. The prices start at £2,600 and then you are charged on your 'grade'. I was grade II, which would be £2,600 but because I needed an overnight stay it went up.

So this is my third full recovery day and I'm feeling pretty good to be honest. I haven't needed any pain killers, I can use my arms much more freely and I'm starting to re-gain some upper body strength. There's some bruising on my ribs, but that's about as bad as it gets. I'm hoping my recovery continues in this way!

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
Hey Matt, Glad all went well, hope you feel back to normal soon :)

What did they do, Lipo and gland removing ? Any chance of any pics of before and after mate?

hope you feel 100% soon

Offline matt chaos

• Posting Member
Day 5 of recovery and things are still getting better, but not perfect just yet. I have a very nice purple bruise on my left side and went for a short walk yesterday and was totally knackered after! But getting changed / reaching for things is fairly easy now.

They did lipo and gland excision. I still haven't seen it yet becuase there's the dressings with two large sticky rubber tapes going accross my chest. I get them changed on Wednesday, so I'll finally get to take a look!!

Let me see about pics. I have pretty nasty psoriasis on my body at the moment and not too comfortable posting pics of it on the internet. Once I have some after pics I'll see what I can do, maybe I can photoshop it out...

Offline matt chaos

• Posting Member
Wooohoooooooo!!!!!!!!!! I'm gyne free!!!

Amazing. I had my dressings taken off today and my chest is completely flat!!! It all looks a bit strange with a little swelling and bruising, but I'm so happy with the results. I can't believe this is my chest and now I'm looking forward to the rest of my life wearing whatever I want with a good posture and walking around in the sun with my top off.

If you're on the fence about getting it done, just do it  :D

I'll post pics in time, just want to get my psoriasis under control first.

Offline howdo?

• Posting Member
well done mate....

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
Happy days!! Bet you can't wait for summer to really roll on in the next month or so ;D You are gonna have to get out to the shops mate lol

Offline PecDec

• Bronze Member
Nice one, got any pics before and after?
Surgery with Dr. Karidis - 12th April 2011 - Status: Recovery

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=22437.0

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024