Author Topic: What shall I do ?  (Read 3482 times)

Offline about2change

• Silver Member
HELLO everyone :)

I haven't posted in a while due to work/university commitments.

In total I have lost 45 kg so far, currently working on getting cut/ripped. probably another 12-15kg to go. I had a consultation with Dr. Karidis a few months ago (June) who was certain that he could get my 'flat'.

I have never been in contact or seen Dr Paul Levick, can anyone recommend him over Karidis?

I'm really lost as to whether it is best to have the OP now or CUT and go in there at much lower body fat.

Would the doctor have better access to the gland with less body fat?
Would I have better results?

Offline sjwsjw

• Gold Member
Less body fat means you are healthier and means less trauma to your body during the surgery because you'll reduce the amount of lipo needed. It'll give you a better idea of the final result you can achieve also. I wouldn't say you HAVE to be super ripped but being within the healthy bmi range is just that, health so aim for that. No point being underweight then being unable to maintain and putting on the pounds after. As for the surgeons both are well respected, I'm sure you'll be happy with the results of either. It's what works for you. 

Offline sjwsjw

• Gold Member
I went into my surgery pretty unfit by my standards although I was weighed at the hospital at 10st 7lb and I'm 6ft. My bmi is in the healthy range and I wanted to start what is a reasonably long healing process asap. Once I had the consultation I felt even more aware of my gyne. I can get in shape in a few weeks time, chances are you will gain weight after the op anyway because your gunna be laying around a lot for a couplea weeks, I can feel a belly growing after 10 days

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
I have never been in contact or seen Dr Paul Levick, can anyone recommend him over Karidis?

Unfortunately this is not possible, as anyone who has had surgery will have gone with one over the other, and since they are both well known, respected and highly skilled, revision surgery is typically never required.

You'll only get opinions from the people who have gone with one or the other. I will tell you all day long to go with Levick but for me it was simple, Levick was a 20 mile drive, Karidis was circa 125 miles.

Despite this, there are pros and cons to both. For me, Levick's surgery seems far less aggressive, but with Karidis you get to see the results on day one, and there's no staying overnight etc.

Choose the surgeon most convenient for your personal life. You'll be going through a traumatic experience that is best tackled with a calm mind. 

Best of luck, and keep us updated.

Follow my Twitter: www.twitter.com/wingman0401

Offline about2change

• Silver Member
Thanks for all your replies guys.

Does anyone know the price difference between the two?

I live 10 minutes away from Karidis!

thanks guys this forum has helped me so much.

Offline Stem

• Bronze Member
Karidis is about £400 more, give or take.

Factor in your (and maybe your carers) travelling expenses and possible extra nights accomodation in Brum then there'd be nothing in it.

Karidis gets the gland through the nipple and lipo through the armpit and Levick gets both through the armpit.

Offline about2change

• Silver Member
Karidis is about £400 more, give or take.

Factor in your (and maybe your carers) travelling expenses and possible extra nights accomodation in Brum then there'd be nothing in it.

Karidis gets the gland through the nipple and lipo through the armpit and Levick gets both through the armpit.

Thanks for the reply Stem..

Do you happen to know the revision policies for these two doctors?

sorry for all the question..

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
No idea about Karidis but Levick offers free revision surgery up to a year post operation.

Offline sjwsjw

• Gold Member
Karidis' fee is free if revision is needed, you'll just need to pay the hospital fees (i assume this is the same as Levick?)

Offline about2change

• Silver Member
thanks guys. probably going to end up going with Dr. Karidis, purely on the basis of reputation and proximity.

Offline about2change

• Silver Member
booked with karidis today. been waiting 5 years + for this,

Offline sjwsjw

• Gold Member
Congrats mate, it's nice to feel like you can see an ending huh?

What's the date you got?

I feel so much better I can't even tell you, just to be able to choose a t-shirt I want to wear not one that I could hide behind.

Offline about2change

• Silver Member
24th of jan.

yeah it does feel wonderful

however, now that I've booked the surgery i honestly cant feel the glands anymore lol.

Offline sjwsjw

• Gold Member
Not too long now then

Mate I was the same, I look at some people and think maybe I'm exaggerating the problem but if it bothers you to get this far it's worth doing. Right up until the day of the surgery I was like do I really wanna do this? But the fact is all them years I took myself out of situations I was uncomfortable with made me look into how I could "cure it". I was buzzing more in the build up to booking a date then I was the actual surgery but once your past that bit it feels every bit the best idea I've had and I'm sure you'll agree after.

Offline about2change

• Silver Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024