Author Topic: NHS mess about  (Read 2862 times)

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
I just wondered if anyone had this experience.... I went to see an NHS Ps last november She said it was gyne mainly fat . I was weighed and told I just fell within the limit as I was overweight. She said funding is very bad in area for cosmetic procedures and lipo would be a huge problem to get esp as Iam overweight. She said she would apply to health authority for funding as I just was in the limit but not to get my hopes up.
          Anyway it is now August , heard nothing so went to GP he said he had heard nothing also and would ask the surgeon. Was told yesterday by GP that surgeon had said I was refused as too fat even though I came within their guidelines on weight.  Iam now a stone lighter and GP is now going to start the whole tedious process again. At this rate I will be bald before getting the surgery.Just wanted to vent. :-[

Offline ruggedtoast

• Silver Member
How fat are you?

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
There are private surgeons who wont perform the surgery if you are too overweight also and thats them refusing money.  My suggestion without trying to sound rude is to go hell for leather and lose weight, then they have no excuses.
Surgery performed by Mr Paul Levick, 17/02/05. I am here to help.

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
Well I used to be seventeen stone and 6ft two and Iam now fourteen stone ten pounds.I would still like to lose more off my chest and stomach to be honest as Iam still have fat in those places even though I have lost fat everywhere else.
I gained weight due to treatment for a  medical prob that is now resolved. I understand  why the NHS are a bit reluctant but why did they tell me I was within the weight limit then six mths later refuse me due to my weight? Also I did not get a letter nor did my GP about the decision that occured some mths ago . I just feel a bit annoyed to be honest as he could have told them I had lost more weight then and saved time..

It would have been much easier to get fit if I just had the belly to lose.I have lost a bit off my chest but no where near enough.I did not get this by eating pie or anything but by being ill and got it from the treatment.So I kinda feel a bit annoyed.

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
I can see why that would be annoying.  At 14 st 10 and 6ft 2 I cant see you being overly chubby, id get back to them straight away now and get the ball rolling again.

Offline Pferdestärken

• Silver Member
  • Fixed 03/06/05 by the incredible Mr Paul Levick!
    • My Diary
Indeed. I had my op at 6ft 1" and 15st 10lb. I have a fair amount of underlying muscle and my lean bodyweight would be around 14st. Unless you have a vert thin structure and little muscle mass I don't think 14st 10lb would make you a lardass. Can you stomach ( ;D) posting some pics?
Pics | Op 3/6/05 Mr Paul Levick

Offline Worrier

• Gold Member
I was fourteen stone before I got ill and very fit so obviously I could lose another ten pounds. ;D
my gyne is strange in that I,ve kept my pec shape it just looks like I have been stung by an  insect on one side. The drug I was on makes men put fat unevenly in their chests apparently. Don't ask me how.
Anyways thanks for the replies and I'll try to post a pic later.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024