Author Topic: SURGERY COMPLETE WITH KARIDIS 23/02/13- UPDATED PICS  (Read 13797 times)

Offline Imbackagain

• Bronze Member
All booked now, cannot back out of it anymore. Been told to arrive at 7am. No pre pictures uploaded, it keeps saying that the pictures are too big(iPhone cam). If anyone can tell me how to upload pics with a iPhone then I will be glad to post some up. But more importantly any tips? What to bring? What to do? I'm assuming I can't go for beers after football anymore lol.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 11:51:20 PM by sp »

Offline Imbackagain

• Bronze Member
Cold feet already!!  Just can't get the the words 'scar tissue' out my head!! Oh god, lol..... What am I doing.

Offline sjwsjw

• Gold Member
Congrats on getting a date for surgery.

I haven't managed to directly add photos from my mobile, I think they always save the files too large for this site. You'll need to, send them to a pc.

Scar tissue isn't such a problem. I heal very slowly based on previous injuries (6 months for swelling to go down on ligament damage on my ankle when I was told 4 weeks max last year). I still have swelling but not as bad as I thought. Scar tissue I took care of with massaging. I was very surprised how well it flattened out after massaging.

The day feels like a dream, like you strangely know what's gunna happened before it does.

I took nothing more then a button up shirt and jacket. You can travel as light as you want. Make sure you've got travel sorted, try not to be rushing about and just make it as relaxed as you can. The hospital and staff are good at making you feel really comfortable, it's a breeze mate. Just get through the op, look after yourself and do the minimum for a week or so and gradually life eases back to normal.

Good luck

Offline improving

• Silver Member
Congratulations. You'll wonder why you waited so long :)

When i upload pictures, i made an account on photobucket (google it) - upload the pictures, and paste in the [img] codes into your forum message. Just make sure you set your pictures to private if you plan on uploading other pics.

Best of luck, you're in good hands.

Offline Ricardo7

• Silver Member
I use tinypic and you don't have to create an account

Offline Imbackagain

• Bronze Member
Cheers guys thanks for the messages... Gonna be a hard next  24 hours or so for me.. My anxiety is reaching a point where I want to just cancel, despite me paying all fees. Hate the idea of being put to sleep, and hate the idea of being cut, and double hate the idea of post op recovery..  As you can tell I have slight anxiety issues lol.. 

Offline improving

• Silver Member
Everyone has the same anxiety issues mate. It wouldn't be normal to want to have general anesthetic and be cut etc. Keep focusing on why you're having it done. Buy some nice fitted t shirts and think of post op flatness! :)

I found the build up was much worse than actually having it done. I was nervous going to theatre, but I've got to say i found being put to sleep strangely pleasant.

Offline Imbackagain

• Bronze Member
Well tomorrow is the day I've beed dreading for the last couple days or so.. Will update you as soon as I can as to how it all goes. Been told that I may get operated on in the afternoon as he has a few procedures prior. I am literally crapping myself,  officially the biggest coward, need to man up and do this. Not looking foward to being house bound 1 week post op either, I'm gonna try leave the house 1/2 days post op if my body allows me to. But anyway thanks for the encouragement and I will see you on the other side(if I don't chicken out last min)

Offline Imbackagain

• Bronze Member

Offline Imbackagain

• Bronze Member

Offline about2change

• Silver Member
good luck mate. I'm sure everything will be okay. Make sure you shave your chest and armpits.

see you on the other side :)

Offline Imbackagain

• Bronze Member
Where do I start... Got to the hospital at 0920 for a 1000 admission time. Receptionist looked at me in a way that I should not have been there. Got told to go upsatirs to karidis's office, i knew at this point something was wrong..went upstairs, .Karidis himself told me that they had a power cut at the hospital and its running on a emergency generator meaning that my surgery will be cancelled, the problem was being fixed, and I should hang around till 11 for a update, got the update,  I was then told to wait till 12, when I was finally told at 12.30 by karidis again that my surgery will Deffienetly not be going ahead due to the electrics. So I'm on my way back home now, Not in the best of moods, they offered me another date which I cannot do, maybe it's a sign that I should not have for it done in the first place. Think I'm going to just ask for a full refund and hit the gym hard to atleast remove the excess fat. The best day of my life has now become the worst.  My head is all over the place now, don't know what to do.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2013, 08:55:37 AM by sp »

Offline Ricardo7

• Silver Member
Jeezo that's rotten luck mate.

I think you should reconsider cancelling - if you cancel you might regret it for the rest of your life. From experience, the more you exercise the more you'll get depressed that your chest isn't improving

Offline sjwsjw

• Gold Member
Obviously there's been a massive balls up their end. Sounds like reception felt like you should have been told before you get there so wasn't expecting you.

I'm sure karidis was trying to wait as long as possible to save you all the messing about going away and re booking a different date. Just incase it was a quick fix.

Agreed this is a very poor situation they've put you in. I'd say give yourself time to think about what to do now. There is no pressure to re book or cancel it's your call to make in your time. Right now, understandably your gunna be pretty annoyed. Let the dust settle and re think it.

I would say from my point of view, you got as far as to thinking it was going to be done today and that says to me that you think the procedure is important to you.

Offline Imbackagain

• Bronze Member
it was a very unlucky situation but s*** happens but karidis and his team remained proffesional, it was no doubt, unforseen circumastances,but on another note Just got call from karidis, he's moving today's list to this Saturday the 23rd.. I just accepted without hesitation, I think your both right, it probably means more to me than I think, I'm just in denial. Well all the pre op anxiety starts all over again, lets hope I can enjoy myself at my friends wedding next Saturday, and won't be too sore from the op.
 Thanks for the wise words-Ricardo7 and sjwsjw appreciate it.

https://forum.gynecomastia.org/Themes/Gaming-Nation/images/post/xx.gif
Booked for surgery - Surgery complete - PICS ATTATCHED... updated pics!!

Started by mart on Europe

176 Replies
Last post: September 20, 2014, 06:48:59 AM
by
Dave92
Surgery Dr. Karidis 31/01/13 Complete- Diary and Pics - DAY 1 to DAY 32 PICS

Started by theITguy on U.K.

47 Replies
Last post: August 25, 2014, 07:15:13 AM
by
Greenblue
My Surgery with Dr. Karidis COMPLETE! with pics! (11/08/2012)

Started by gangs1975 on U.K.

16 Replies
Last post: August 16, 2012, 03:49:37 PM
by gangs1975
Surgery complete with Dr. Karidis on 15/05/14 before and after good pics :)

Started by 1234james on U.K.

14 Replies
Last post: August 17, 2014, 01:12:43 PM
by
bagels
Surgery with Dr. Karidis COMPLETE! Pre-op AND post-op pics! (30/06/2012)

Started by LondonGuy on U.K.

46 Replies
Last post: August 03, 2012, 04:31:00 PM
by
kingboob

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024