Author Topic: Fluid Post Surgery - Thoughts  (Read 959 times)

Offline playdoh

• Posting Member
[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]Hi All,[/font][/color]

[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]I had gyno excision surgery on the 18th April in which around 140g of tissue was removed from each side, and there was relatively little fluid/blood from the drains which were put in by my consultant. All went very well and I have had almost no discomfort post-surgery and have been able to continue life pretty much as normal.[/font][/color]

[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]During my follow-up consultation this week, the consultant found a significant amount of fluid build-up on both sides so performed an aspiration and a lot was removed. 2 days later and to my untrained eye, it appears that it has all returned as there is a wave effect on each breast when pressing, and it is squashy.[/font][/color]

[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]I guess more aspirations will be required until it goes away, but it seems something kind of unexpected and a little disappointing as it spoils the results as you can imagine. My consultant is confident of resolution, but just wondered if others had experienced anything similar.[/font][/color]

Thoughts welcome !
[font="Open Sans", sans-serif]Paul[/font][/color]

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024