Author Topic: Surgery on 4th UPDATE WITH PICS  (Read 7708 times)

Offline kingpin05

• Posting Member
Hi everyone,

I have finally got my date for surgery, 4th of february with admission to hospital on the 3rd in the afternoon.

After another half an hour of being told of the dangers of having keloid scars after surgery and basically being told not to go thorugh with it  I just said "i'll see you on the operation table then!" ;)

I was told that I have grade 3 Gynecomastia apparently this is  the harshest form and the results will be much better than what  i currently have and he said he'll try as much as he can to make my chest symetrical as my left side is smaller than my right.The operation should take 1 and a half hours with 2-3 days in hospital for recovery.

It has taken me less than a year to get to this stage and thats including the runaround I had with the endocrologist :-X :-X

The plastics department is newly refurbished in St. Georges and has a mixture of private and nhs patients so hopefully I'll have a comfortable stay.

I cant imagine what my life will be like with out Gynecomastia I've had it all my life.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 07:53:35 AM by kingpin05 »

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
Hello kingpin05

Wow, that's sounds like a long stay in hospital! Do you know why they are admitting you the day before surgery?  This means you might be with them for up to five days :o

But you sound very optimistic and I hope everything goes just how you want it to.

Best wishes.

Offline kingpin05

• Posting Member
Thanks for the sentiments ;)

I dont know why they have to keep me in for so long .I think I have to go the afternoon before for surgery the next morning ...anyway I would rather be safe then sorry.

Im a bit pi88ed about not being able to do any excercise for 4/6 weeksI ve become addicted to excercise since I started my quest to get rid of my puppy fat and my gyme.And I forgot to ask whether I can still go sauna or steam room.Any way Im going to put on my ad belt full blast in those weeks so I can ready for my first gyne free holiday in the summer!!!!!!

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
Have you ever seen athletes jump into a bath of iced water after a long run?  They do that to cool the body down and help accelerate repair to damaged tissue and reduce inflammation.  So it's my guess that a sauna and steam will not be recommended.  But make sure you ask you surgeon when you see him/her.

I am with on on the gym thing though.  I have been a proper gym bunny the last two years and gutted about being kept away.  However I am three days post-op and about to take the dog out for a long walk.  Being mobile is important.  If things improve as I expect, I will be doing power walking and light stretches in week two.  In week three, power walking, core stability and light weights (just one or two sets on 1/3 what I can lift).  By the end of week four I hope to be progressing to 3/4 weight lifting under my personal trainers supervision.  But will only progress as I have described if I think I am up to it.  Besides, I have the Manchester 10KM run booked for May ;)

Offline kingpin05

• Posting Member
I think your right about the steam and sauna thing ,,,Now i might just put my membership on hold if I cant use none of the facilities.

My body is a quick healer so I think ill be back at the gym in 3 weeks a month.

Good luck in your 10k run.

Offline kingpin05

• Posting Member
Hi everyone I've just got the call from the hospital my bed is ready and Im about to go in.

V. nervous which at the moment which isn't me . Will post experience when I am back from hospital. Probably Monday or Tuesday .

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
Very best wishes to you KP

Offline Robin_G

• Bronze Member
Yep, good luck mate

Will look out for your update

Offline kingpin05

• Posting Member
Hi everyone this is a post from the brand new and improved KINGPIN exactly a week on from going into surgery.

I can honestly say I am 100% happy with my surgery and so proud of the whole of the plastics department at St.Georges hospital. There was such a vast team with medical knowledge in regards to gyne even the nurses in the wards knew info which I found strange as many others on this board have not had the same experience .

I arrived at hospital on friday the 3rd of february in the afternoon, my bed had beeen allocated and my room only had four beds in it. The ward was not as up to date as I had hoped but was clean and the staff were friendly the other person in the room was a cancer sufferer that was having a mole removed from his upper leg groin area.My surgeon Mr. Hussain came around the ward about 7 oclock and started marking out where the insisions would be it took him about 20 minutes he then said 2/3rd's of the work was done he did use so many instruments Im not surprised he also explained that I was not going to get the T scar originally explained and it was all going to be done via my nipple.Dinner was as I expected and sleep was a thing I knew just wasn't going to happen the night before .

I was awoken at 6am for my ops to be taken (temp,bloodpressure) and then told that I would be going into theatre soon. I had a wash put on them gowns and just left my boxers on underneath.

Waited about 3 mins in theatre then I was out on the operating bed then I went into surgery room 5 and had a chat with the anethethist while they started prodding me etc.Didnt fall asleep straight away put after about a minute I was gone zzzzzzzzzz.....

I woke up and asked what the time was straight away It was 2 oclock I had been knocked out for 6 hours.I didnt feel no pain and after shouting at the man to give me water was whisked up to my ward.I spent the rest of the day in and out of sleep and becasue I was nil by mouth the night before I was starving.Triedd to eat sumfing but felt really sick so didnt bother too much. Went toilet with a bit of strain but it eventually came.It was then I relaised I had on the drains.

Didn't sleep to well pain was fine it was just the unsettling enviroment.In the morning I was told that 560grams had been removed and  I could be in hospital up until wednesday it all depended on my drains. My drains were quite full at times 200+ and I had to get the bleeding down to 30ml per 24hrs until I could be discharged.So I stayed in hospital on monday which was my birthday having surgery was the best birthday present ever.the nurses were really kinda they brought me a cake and everything Tuesday and then wednesdaywere psent in hospital had to tell sum people I wanted visitors apart from my mum.

I was really surpised at how long I had to stay but I would rather be safe than sorry Its hard to believe that this time last week I had grade 3 gyne now all I have is slight swelling on a flat chest .I didnt get a compression vest I got a big tube grip and I m going back to the dressings clinic next week to get them done again and then to see my surgeon.I went out and brought my compression vest from nike town and it was only tight enough at a medium Ive been xl+ on top all my life I cant believe it .

I was told It can take up to 6-12 moths to see the full results so wat Im seeing now is no where neat as good as its going to be.

I might of left some stuff out If their are any questions just post them.

Offline phantom

• Gold Member
Hello Kingpin05

That's fantastic news to hear.  There have been a few anxious posts from potential NHS patients on here recently so it's great to hear from someone that is so far truly happy with the entire experience.

You just have the healing process to deal with now and on the whole, you should see that things just get better.  I'm three weeks post op - still a bit tender here and there, but so much happier.

Keep us informed of your progress.

Offline kingpin05

• Posting Member
Hi everyone,

I have finally got my date for surgery, 4th of february with admission to hospital on the 3rd in the afternoon.

After another half an hour of being told of the dangers of having keloid scars after surgery and basically being told not to go thorugh with it  I just said "i'll see you on the operation table then!" ;)

I was told that I have grade 3 Gynecomastia apparently this is  the harshest form and the results will be much better than what  i currently have and he said he'll try as much as he can to make my chest symetrical as my left side is smaller than my right.The operation should take 1 and a half hours with 2-3 days in hospital for recovery.

It has taken me less than a year to get to this stage and thats including the runaround I had with the endocrologist :-X :-X

The plastics department is newly refurbished in St. Georges and has a mixture of private and nhs patients so hopefully I'll have a comfortable stay.

I cant imagine what my life will be like with out Gynecomastia I've had it all my life.

Hi everyone this is a post from the brand new and improved KINGPIN exactly a week on from going into surgery.

I can honestly say I am 100% happy with my surgery and so proud of the whole of the plastics department at St.Georges hospital. There was such a vast team with medical knowledge in regards to gyne even the nurses in the wards knew info which I found strange as many others on this board have not had the same experience .

I arrived at hospital on friday the 3rd of february in the afternoon, my bed had beeen allocated and my room only had four beds in it. The ward was not as up to date as I had hoped but was clean and the staff were friendly the other person in the room was a cancer sufferer that was having a mole removed from his upper leg groin area.My surgeon Mr. Hussain came around the ward about 7 oclock and started marking out where the insisions would be it took him about 20 minutes he then said 2/3rd's of the work was done he did use so many instruments Im not surprised he also explained that I was not going to get the T scar originally explained and it was all going to be done via my nipple.Dinner was as I expected and sleep was a thing I knew just wasn't going to happen the night before .

I was awoken at 6am for my ops to be taken (temp,bloodpressure) and then told that I would be going into theatre soon. I had a wash put on them gowns and just left my boxers on underneath.

Waited about 3 mins in theatre then I was out on the operating bed then I went into surgery room 5 and had a chat with the anethethist while they started prodding me etc.Didnt fall asleep straight away put after about a minute I was gone zzzzzzzzzz.....

I woke up and asked what the time was straight away It was 2 oclock I had been knocked out for 6 hours.I didnt feel no pain and after shouting at the man to give me water was whisked up to my ward.I spent the rest of the day in and out of sleep and becasue I was nil by mouth the night before I was starving.Triedd to eat sumfing but felt really sick so didnt bother too much. Went toilet with a bit of strain but it eventually came.It was then I relaised I had on the drains.

Didn't sleep to well pain was fine it was just the unsettling enviroment.In the morning I was told that 560grams had been removed and  I could be in hospital up until wednesday it all depended on my drains. My drains were quite full at times 200+ and I had to get the bleeding down to 30ml per 24hrs until I could be discharged.So I stayed in hospital on monday which was my birthday having surgery was the best birthday present ever.the nurses were really kinda they brought me a cake and everything Tuesday and then wednesdaywere psent in hospital had to tell sum people I wanted visitors apart from my mum.

I was really surpised at how long I had to stay but I would rather be safe than sorry Its hard to believe that this time last week I had grade 3 gyne now all I have is slight swelling on a flat chest .I didnt get a compression vest I got a big tube grip and I m going back to the dressings clinic next week to get them done again and then to see my surgeon.I went out and brought my compression vest from nike town and it was only tight enough at a medium Ive been xl+ on top all my life I cant believe it .

I was told It can take up to 6-12 moths to see the full results so wat Im seeing now is no where neat as good as its going to be.

I might of left some stuff out If their are any questions just post them.

:-* :-*update 2  :-* :-*

My right hand side was much more bigger than my left as I headed of to my appointment at the dressings clinic at the hospital . It wasn't very painfull but quite obvious and did hurt at times.As usual the treatment at the hospital was great maybe I'm easily pleased.

I went in to the room and proclaimed about the slight pain to the nurse who had been mine on the ward just a week ago. She then said she wouldn't put the dresings over it and rang for the surgeon. After waiting for the surgeon to get out of surgery 1hr

I was looked over and it was just a collection of fluid but it was quite vast i was given a local anestetic to my right side and the fluid was extracted and the results were instant they took out about 300ml of fluid which had built up over the week since my drains were taken out I was shocked as it was quite a lot.The doctor was really nice and everything and they sent of a sample just in case my chest was deemed to be healing at a awesome pace

My next appointment is next week to the dressing clinic again and see whether fluid is still draining into my chest.

Offline zrgyne

• Posting Member
Best of luck sir.

Offline kingpin05

• Posting Member
Hi Everyone,

I really didnt want to come and give a negative update which could put potential NHS candidates of surgery but there are positives and negative to my progress and it is only 6 months on.

My gyne I definately less apparent but is definately still there especially on my right hand side. When i discussed this with my surgeon he said I was to massage vigorously every day with moisturiser. Some times my nipples and the area around them are REALLY big other times they are quite small and look relatively normal.

My gyne has seemed to just drop -  in that all the tissue is now at the bottom of the breast area . Which looks strange as time passes I feel less and less jubilent about the surgery but I can also were some tops and look more normally proportioned in that my man boobs are regular 1's and not melons.

My chest was still painful after two months and led to my inactivity which meant weight gain which could also be the reason my results dont look as good as could be.
I have been having problems with my stomach bloated ness alot of concentrated fat in that area . Part of me is thinking it has something to do with my surgery and the drains being removed to soon . Pics included

All that aside I am determined to have the ideal look for me by feb 07 and I am looking into retreating to the carribean this winter for some "lipo tourism"  to finally rid of this plauge. I will be consulting my sugeon to see what he thinks about the lipo tourism and whether he thinks he will be able to improve the results.

I believe I my also have another problem which is related to gyne which was recently featuredin mens health which is about the shapes of bodies and mine is actually very femininly shaped hips, bum etc.Which states that no amount of excercise will give you that look it can only be half achieved by surgery..this was backed up my a episode of extreme make over with a man with gyne and also this problem who wasn't considerably over weight.

You know me I am always open to views comments recomendations and I would greatly appreciate them.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 06:45:30 AM by kingpin05 »

Offline nonini

• Silver Member
looks like a loose skin problem to me. do u have before pics?

Offline kingpin05

• Posting Member
so many views but hardly any comments suggestion

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024