Author Topic: Confidence & surgery  (Read 2286 times)

Offline markashleigh1979

• I've had my final operation :)
Hi,
I want to get a general concensus from those who are post op regarding their mental well being.
After surgery ( once chest is flat, not thos waiting for revision) did your personality change ? did you feel more confident and proud? Or do you still walk with a hump instead of straight and proud ?
I am hoping that my confidence will increase, i have already inproved mentaly after the first op and i am hoping that after my revision i will be back to the old me....:) ...shoulders back, chest out and a big cheeky grin  ;D .
I don't expect surgery to solve all my problems, but a few would be nice... ;D
Thanks

Offline markashleigh1979

• I've had my final operation :)

Offline ace

• Bronze Member
I'll let u know after next week mate !

Bur yeah I do envisage walking tall (even tho i'm 5'5 lol !) and wear fitting /fitted shirts more and that only comes with the confidence.

Offline Robin_G

• Bronze Member
I've always been a quietly confident person anyway so I haven't noticed any real change on this front

If anything HAVING gyne has made me more perceptive about and senstive to other people's seemingly outwardly irrational hang-ups about themselves which I think is a useful trait

Rather than confidence, I'd say having the op has made me feel more relaxed

None of the endless paranoid rituals when it comes to what I'm wearing and whether people are likely to notice the gyne etc

Gyne is something that whilst you have it you cosntantly worry about, so even though I've got one or two issues with my results thus far, I've already partially achieved a peace of mind which I'd say is equally as good as renewed confidence

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024