Author Topic: Poland Surgery Fears  (Read 1964 times)

Offline DJB

• Posting Member
Hi all,

As you will see this is my first post, but I've been a "lurker" for quite along time.  These boards are so comforting, having so many people in the same boat as me.  So hi everybody........

Ok here goes, this one is preferably for those that have had the surgery.  I have the option to get the surgery done in Poland at the end of July.  I will need excision and lipo.  The problem is I am terrified of what could go wrong.  I'm 21 and have a family, what if I go to Poland and dont wake up from the anaesthetic? I'm all the way in a Foreign Country alone and my family would have to hear about it via phone call.  Are you given blood during the op, contacting aids from blood transfusions is on the up.  What about MRSI?.

I am terrified of what could go wrong.  Not for myself, but I have a duty to keep myself safe for my family.  How big is the risk?.  Is it safe.  I dont care about pain, can the op be done using a local anaesthetic so I dont have to go under?.

Really sorry this is so doom and gloom, but the only thing stopping me from confirming is fear of what could go wrong.

I really appreciate any responses.

Cheers,
DJB

Offline karl_82

• Posting Member
Hey DJB. No mate, those are perfectly normal questions imure everybody goes through. I cant speak for everyone but let me tell you about myself. Going for surgery is something major that you can go through in life. For those who say its a walk in the park (though it may feel like it afterwards) it is a very big thing to undergo. I was just like you. Kinda nervous that id be in a foreign land and the thought of if aything happened how my fam would cope. I went and told no one. No one at all (apart from you guys on here) To this day no one knows that i had surgery. Its just one of those big risks you have to be prepared to take. In regards to AIDS, MRSA etc, i shouldnt worry to much their. As you'll see when your there, the hospital is spick and span. In most case studies MRSA is mostly found in public hospitals due to the large amounts of traffic they see day to day. The clinic is really clean like a bupa hospital (you'll rarely find MRSA in a bupa) thats just thinking anyway. As for AIDS, you'll see yourself when they get out the needles and such that they are brand new in packs. Im not going to lie and say its a piece of pis* cos thn ill be just chatting from my crack. Of course theres risks but again, its the same if you had surgery in this country, Poland or even Zambia. It is a risk you have t be prepared to take. In regards to anaestetic i found that to be my only niggling worry but when your there lying down and they're reassuring you not to mention the lovely sedative they give you dont even think about it. And believe me it'll be lik a blink of the eye and you'll be awake again. But as you asked, there is an opton for local but you'll have t be a hard bas*tard like Mark for that  ;D Peopl often say that its an awkward feeling cos you cant feel no pain but some tugging about. Just think long and hard if you want it done. Only YOU should decide thn if you'll go ahead with it. One last thing, my motivation was th thought of all the years the demon gyne robbed me and if just for one minute when i lie there on the table to get it done then it may well be over for me then to live a happy normal life. That was my thinking anyway but again, i was high of the sedatives  ;D Good lucck mate.

I can't explain how much that has eased me :) thanks mate

Offline DJB

• Posting Member
That was an awesome post, thank you so much for that.  I know the chances are so low, its just you'll always be scared as long as there is an actual chance of something happening.

Offline fajast

• Posting Member
  • Had surgery on 7th Sept 06.....
Extremely helpfull post asmallmeasureofpeace thanks a lot  :) and thanks DJB for this topic, I have had exactly all these fears before this post  ;D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024