Author Topic: Anyone used a BUPA hospital? + a few more questions  (Read 2136 times)

Offline newman55

• Posting Member
i'm in my twenties and have bad gyno and have come to the conclusion that i need to do something about it.

I was thinking of using my local BUPA hospital for my gyno.
You can see the ps who will operate on you......but how do you know which one has done a male operation?
i don't want to pay out £100s for consultation only to find out the person i picked was the wrong choice.

anyone else used a bupa hospital what was your expierence like?

do i need to see my gp first or should i just contact bupa?

after the consultation how fast is your surgety booked? 1-4 weeks?

I read that you need to wear support vests do i have to buy those or are they provided?

do they assess your fitness before an operation as i have never had g anesthetic(sp?) before and i'm a little concerned about the surgery, which is only to be expected but i don't want to take a massive risk on my health.

Offline outertrial

Hi, to answer your quesitons in turn:

1. You ask them, you should have consultations with more than one surgeon in order to have a comparison to go by and they should be able to show you pictures of their work. Many surgeons have websites. Once youve chosen one check that their registered properly. If your going the NHS route all bets are off, once they wheel you into the operating room anyone could be operating on you regardless of who youve seen.

2. Not me sorry

3. Yes, you should have blood tests to check theres nothing wrong with your hormones, otherwise it could come back.

4. It depends. Not too long with a private PS. Again with the NHS it can take years of pressuring them if they ever get around to doing it.

5. They should provide them.

6. If your blood pressure and temperature is normal you will generally be assessed as ok for general anaesthetic.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024