Author Topic: What exercise should I begin to do 1 week after surgery?  (Read 2217 times)

Offline lazerbeen

Hello guys, I finished a successful gynecomastia surgery and I'm trying to lose some weight after the surgery, so I would look better overall. What exercise should I begin to do 1 week after surgery? And when can I resume to jogging and playing contact sports like football and basketball? Your help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Offline mrnomoobs

• Posting Member
I have my surgery in about 3 weeks.  How do you feel after one week post op?  Can you raise your hands and put on shirts over your head?  How is lifting things?  I doubt you should start working our this early.  I would rest and eat low calories to keep the weight down.  I read you should rest for least 2 weeks before exercising. 

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
how did excersicing go then for you?

any bruising, harmful?
or was it not too early to start..

Offline annoyed30

• Posting Member
lazer,

I had my surgery a week and 2 days ago.  I have been pretty much resting but feeling good.  No real pain anymore.  My doc said no light jogging for 2 to 2.5 weeks. I have been walking a bit though. 

Mrbigmoobs,

I would say i was able to get a shirt over my head with ease after about 5 days.  A little tight in some parts of my chest but i could still do it.  The first few days are definitely tough though.

Offline Hi_Top_Guy

• Silver Member
Lazerbeen, you shouldn't be doing anything strenuous after only one-week of surgery. You don't want to jeopardize your results by causing injury to the surgical site.

The only thing you can do is some walking and just watching what you eat. I wasn't allowed to do anything strenuous for 4-weeks after surgery, so make sure you clear any kind of exercise with your doctor.

Even though you might feel fine, there's a lot going on underneath that you can't see so make sure you rest and give your body time to heal itself before breaking it down again with exercise.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024