Author Topic: Hormone levels pubertal gyne  (Read 2209 times)

Patsfan1991

Is there any study that shows a link to kids developing early muscle mass height etc and gyne development? Looking back on picture of myself it seems that I may have had elevated testosterone and then estrogen kicked in to balance it out but my t level had decreased. I actually think this is a common occurrence. Probably the most common. It seems unlikely that most people who develop gyne have low t levels. I think steroid abuse is a synthetic version of what occurs naturally to a lot of guys during puberty. I could be wrong but was throwing it out there.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I have seen nothing to indicate that Gynecomastia in puberty has changed in my lifetime. (I am almost 76 years old)

The presence and use of steroid drugs has created a new crop of men with gynecomastia, but they are in an older group.

In my own case, Gynecomastia dates back to early teens (possibly even pre teens) When I was a rather skinny kid. It has remained pretty much unchanged for over 60 years.

I have served in the Air Force, Been a Police Officer, A paramedic and a firefighter. I am happily married, the father of 8 children and have 26 grandchildren. Great-Grandchildren are coming too fast to keep track of the numbers. Gynecomastia has been a problem for me only when I allowed it to be such. Having a very large chest not only provided a lot of air for playing a clarinet, but tended to minimize the breast size. Even so my ribcage is 48 inches and around the nipples is 52 inches. They are rather a bit too large to hide effectively.
Grandpa Dan

Patsfan1991

I just don't follow the logic of the vague explanation of hormonal fluctuation. As boys go through puberty it stands to reason that testosterone would increase to build muscle. If that happened rapidly, then estrogen would also increase rapidly. If your testosterone then decreases there would be a period where your estrogen levels would be higher than normal. I think it's within that time period gyne strikes for most kids.

Offline xelnaga13

I just don't follow the logic of the vague explanation of hormonal fluctuation. As boys go through puberty it stands to reason that testosterone would increase to build muscle. If that happened rapidly, then estrogen would also increase rapidly. If your testosterone then decreases there would be a period where your estrogen levels would be higher than normal. I think it's within that time period gyne strikes for most kids.

Your theory logical. During puberty your body begins to pulse out testosterone. There are periods of high fluctuation between high testosterone levels and low testosterone levels. Gyne likely strikes during high levels of estrogen, low levels of test, and high levels of growth hormone ( igf1).

This process is essential for the healthy development of the male endocrine system. Any interference could have cascading long term effects.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024