Author Topic: Treatment of persistent pubertal gynecomastia wit  (Read 2957 times)

Offline soozl

• Posting Member

"Four boys with persistent pubertal gynecomastia were given intramuscular dihydrotestosterone heptanoate (DHT-hp) at 2 to 4-week intervals for 16 weeks. By the end of treatment, breast size in all four boys had decreased 67% to 78%. Initial plasma levels of gonadotropins, estradiol, testosterone, and dihydrotestosterone (DHT) were normal. Mean plasma DHT concentration rose with the injections of DHT-hp, and remained elevated throughout the treatment period. Estradiol, LH, FSH, and testosterone decreased during treatment, as did 24-hour urinary LH and FSH. No regrowth of breast tissue was observed 6 to 15 months after treatment, although hormone concentrations had returned to near pretreatment values by 2 months after the last injection. DHT-hp has potential to be an effective medical therapy for persistent pubertal gynecomastia." -

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=3088241&dopt=Abstract

Very interesting, I have a slight case of gyno on my left breast.  I think that I am going to try to topical DHT cream on it for a few months.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
If the people involved in the study had low testosterone levels prior to treatment, I would have no trouble believing What the article says.

But if their Testosterone levels were excessively high due to the dosage of testosterone, Aromatization of the excess could raise Estrogen levels and the very high testosterone level might cause the testicles to shrink and become less productive.

Any hormonal treatment should be done only after a good assessment by a doctor competent in this area and would almost always include blood tests for pre-existing hormone levels.

Tinkering with your reproductive physiology is NOT a Do-It-Yourself job.
Grandpa Dan

Offline soozl

• Posting Member
True that.  on second thought im just gonna live with it until i can afford the surgery.

Offline Cabron

• Posting Member
DHT dihydrotestosteron dosent aromatise(dosent transform in estrogen),thats why they used dht and not testosteron.

Offline soozl

• Posting Member
I am going to have a full blood workup in two weeks.  I will post the results.   I have had one before, and everything was normal.  I think that my gyne my have been induced by habitual marijuana use.   Does anyone know how long it takes to clear up after ceasation of marijuana use?  It has been almost five months with no noticable clearing.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024