Author Topic: compression vest questions  (Read 4337 times)

Offline SomeDude420

• Posting Member
hello all.  I am  4 days post op right now and this compression vest is getting on my nerves.  I go see my PS in two days to get stitches removed, and then the following day i have to go back to school.  I am just wondering if perhaps he will give me a better compression vest to wear because this one is very bulky and very noticeable even under layered clothing and to go to school wearing it would defeat the whole purpose of even getting surgery. so what if he doesnt give me a different one, what the hell am i gonna do?

Offline Bradley07

• Silver Member
ask him if perhaps you can wrap it with ace bandages or if you can get a super-tight-fitting shirt from underarmour.

Offline SomeDude420

• Posting Member
ok thanks for advice, i thought about getting some underarmour but ive never used it before how do i know my size and stuff?

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
... or try this:

http://www.underworks.com/products.html#996

I bought style # 998  and # 974.  They changed my post op life.  ;)
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline popozao26

• Posting Member
I know everyone on this site loves Underarmour, but I found their compression garments very uncomfortable.

This company:

www.designveronique.com/

...has the most comfortable ones.  Yes they are VERY expensive, but if I'm gonna wear this thing for 6 months (as most of you suggest to) I want the most hidden and most comfortable garment available.  I found this to be it.

Before surgery I bought three different brands of garments (Underarmour, Marena, and Veronique) so I could swap them out like underwear, while hand washing others, but in the end I just wear the Veronique one.

Why?  It has a soft lining around the seams, so no chaffing, and special circular tightness over breast area to really keep swelling down.

Again, very expensive, but I find it worth the money.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 06:45:53 AM by popozao26 »

Offline popozao26

• Posting Member
I posted my comp vest experience/knowledge here:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/cgi-bin/gyne_yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=31;action=display;num=1160847477

but in short I found this company to supply the most comfortable vest here:
http://designveronique.com/cgi-bin/ic/dv2/640.html

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
I know everyone on this site loves Underarmour, but I found their compression garments very uncomfortable.

It looks to me like most of the posts praising Underarmour are from guys who haven't had surgery yet and are wanting to conceal the gyne.  As far as post op goes, you see brands like you and I have posted, which are more specialized in chest compression with comfort and looks in mind.   One thing I'll say about Underworks (the ones I chose), is that if you are on the line between sizes, then go with the larger size or you won't be able to get into it.   ;)

Offline popozao26

• Posting Member
Selling my Brand New Underworks garments very cheaply if anyone wants them...

Read here:
http://www.gynecomastia.org/cgi-bin/gyne_yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=1;action=display;num=1161279267

Offline SomeDude420

• Posting Member
Thank you for the offer but I do not know my size for Underworks products.  I think im going to go buy an Underarmor vest since I can just go to the sporting goods store for that.

Offline The Real Deal

• Posting Member
  • Click below for my before and after shots!
I bought underarmour and don’t think it replaces the vest. If anything, I would wear it under the vest but then decided a plain white T-shirt underneath is best.
There is a reason to wear the compression vest, to void your body of any unnecessary fluids as well as I believe to hold down the skin. If I were you I would just wear a loose shirt so nobody can see it. Yes the vest is not so comfortable, but it does what it should.
"The Real Deal" knows how you feel!

Offline SomeDude420

• Posting Member
I have another related question.  If all the swelling has gone down and what-not, is it even necessary to wear a compression vest anymore?  i have read on this site that some doctors dont even prescribe a vest initially.  what are your thoughts?

Offline merle

• Gold Member
  • Author, Psychotherapist, Consultant
    • Merle James Yost, LMFT
six weeks is plently for just chest surgery. If you are doing abs and or love handles, you will probably want to wear it longer.

Merle
Demystifying Gynecomastia: Men with Breasts
The first book on Gynecomastia

My newest book: Facing the Truth of Your Life is very relevant to members of this forum. It could save you a lot of unnecessary pain and time.

Book books are available on Amazon. FTTOYL is also available through your local bookstore or on Audible or iTunes.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024