Author Topic: Consultation booked with Levick :-)  (Read 7889 times)

Offline sjwsjw

• Gold Member
The consultation is just about finding out about a hats involved and how/if they can help you. Answer any questions and meet the doctor. There is no pressure to have the op. You're quite welcome to just go and find out what's involved, hence there is usually a cost involved so it's only the people that are actually thinking about surgery that go.

I went with Karadis so I don't know Levick (he was charging a year ago). I contacted Karadis' team via email with regards to a consultation and they were really helpful. I'd do the same with Levick if you are interested AchillesUK.

Good to see you are healing well. It's surprising how little pain is involved. The swelling takes time to kick in and then leave but it's all fine if you know it's coming. The vest isn't so bad

Offline wickedwelsh2013

• Posting Member
15 days post op so thought I'd write you guys a quick update

Touch wood everything is going amazingly, incisions healing incredibly quickly, can easily raise arms above head with no discomfort and bruising all but disapeared

Finding the compression vest pretty comfortable and its good that its getting so cold as can imagine it being a nitemare in summer!!

I have a few hard lumps of what i assume to be scar tissue on outer edge of pecs. Is this normal so soon     after the op?  Dr Levick said I can start massaging gently after 3 weeks but told me not to waste my money on oils and lotions!  He also said stretching is good

Really keen to start jogging again which Levick said I could do after 3 weeks

Hope everybody else is recovering well

Wickedwelsh

Offline tisamon

• Posting Member
Again, sounds like our recoveries are going pretty similar.

I've I've started leaving the compression vest off for a couple of hours a day as Paul said this would be okay.

It's good to hear jogging will be okay next week; feeling very unhealthy!

It's funny, when I have a t-shirt on, I'm more concious about my belly sticking out than my chest! I'm not even fat, it's just a new feeling! But welcome.

Glad to hear you're happy with the recovery so far! Can't wait until Christmas; already feeling like a new person!

Offline wickedwelsh2013

• Posting Member
Hi Tisamon

Have you got any scar tissue yet?

I've got a small lump on outer edge of each pec a couple of inches under armpits and a ridge of it under my left pec. Doesnt affect the shape of my chest at all which I am still incredibly happy with, just thought it was quite early to develop?

Any of the guys further down the road in recovery i.e 3 to 6 months have any input on scar tissue and massage?  Did you bother massaging?  Did scar tissue disappear on its own? How long does it take?

Cheers

Wickedwelsh

Offline tisamon

• Posting Member
Hi,

I feel some lumps going from my incisions to the chest, on one side more than the other.

I asked Levick about this and he said scar tissue doesn't actually appear until 2-3 months, and that it's just swelling, which will go down soon enough.

Offline wickedwelsh2013

• Posting Member
Hi tisamon

I emailed Dr Levick as well and he said the same thing, cant be scar tissue as too early (3 weeks)

The lumps I can feel are very hard, especially the ones on outer pecs which is why I believed it had to be scar tissue

Anybody further down the road to recovery have any thoughts on this? My healing is progressing really well, the left hand incision is barely visible and other one isnt far behind. 

Im taking 2000mg of vitamin c to help with healing and ive just ordered some MSM powder after reading some amazing things about it online in terms of its healing power and ability to soften scar tissue

I'll keep you posted

Cheers

Wickedwelsh

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024