Author Topic: hypothetical situation on gynecomastia surgery with weight loss  (Read 2767 times)

Offline Steve Dell

• Posting Member

I would like to find out what would happen to this hypothetical situation.

Lets say there is someone who is 30 years old, 6 foot call, 220 LBS gets gynecomastica corrective surgery with a good aggressive surgeon who removed all the gynecomastia. Now has a flat chest as a 12 year old boy. This person was about 220 lbs or more for over 10 years so it was consistent not someone who just spiked up in weight.

Then over the next year after the surgery, goes down from 220 to 180 pounds ( 40 LBS loss).

What would be wrong with the situation(if anything) vs the person originally going down to 180 pound before the surgery?

Would the idea be that.

1. Maybe he did not need surgery if the gynecomastia was completely cased by fat(not gland) and going down to 180 LBS would have completely corrected it?

2. Maybe losing 40 pounds over a 1 year time period would cause excess skin around that area,etc..?

or maybe some other problem that I'm not seeing?

Thanks.

Offline jakeyboy08

• Silver Member
    • https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=22534.0
Loosing weight before or after surgery has no diffrence.
Going down in weight before surgery may give you a better look once surgery is done straight away meaning you will not have a flat chest and a fat belly if you you work out before surgery.

You should check first that you do/dont have gynecomastia before going to surgery as if it is just fat this can be corrected by having the right diet along with the right amount of exercise.

Im not sure about excess skin at the age of 30 but normally in younger people the skin is elasticky and will go back to normall.

Why not turn the fat into muscle then you will have no excess skin worrys?

But first visit a doctor/surgeon to see what he/she thinks its maybe best to have a consultation with a Gynecomastia surgeon as he/she will no more about gynecomastia then your doctor and will be able to say if you do or dont have the condition.

JAKE
GYNECOMASTIA FREE SINCE: 11/04/2011

TO VIEW MY EXPERIENCE OF SURGERY WITH BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES PLEASE USE THE LINK BELOW

Offline Steve Dell

• Posting Member
Loosing weight before or after surgery has no diffrence.
Going down in weight before surgery may give you a better look once surgery is done straight away meaning you will not have a flat chest and a fat belly if you you work out before surgery.

You should check first that you do/dont have gynecomastia before going to surgery as if it is just fat this can be corrected by having the right diet along with the right amount of exercise.

Im not sure about excess skin at the age of 30 but normally in younger people the skin is elasticky and will go back to normall.

Why not turn the fat into muscle then you will have no excess skin worrys?

But first visit a doctor/surgeon to see what he/she thinks its maybe best to have a consultation with a Gynecomastia surgeon as he/she will no more about gynecomastia then your doctor and will be able to say if you do or dont have the condition.

JAKE

How do you turn fat into muscle? I don't think that is medically possible. I am under in impression that you have a fixed number of fat cell by the age of around 20 which you have for the rest of our life.

You can try to reduce fat and enlarge muscle but I don't think the fat is converted into muscle.

Ok, the problem is even if you have gynecomastia in appearance caused by fat. This fat may not come off during weight loss unless are starving yourself to death.

Anyway, just wondering if I should get it over with or if I need to keep procrastinating until I get to a perfect weight.

Thanks. 

Offline improving

• Silver Member
The answer is, nobody knows. Apparently surgeons can't tell until they operate, which is gland and which is fat as they feel the same.

I feel like i should have the surgery, but due to the expense im persevering with cardio/diet in hope they will reduce. But its *really* difficult. I didn't have gyne in my late teens, lifted weights to improve my appearence, and voila the gland/fat started to push out on top of my pec. Frustrating :(

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024