Author Topic: Just Had Ultrasound Both Sides  (Read 2871 times)

Offline madden20

• Posting Member
First they did the left side and then came back and told me that it is gynecomastia.  And then they did the right side just to compare.  I also mentioned the clearish kind of cloudy discharge I'm getting and they said it's not unheard of to have that with gynecomastia (Google and other websites say otherwise).  I remember when it first started it was pretty tender and now just certain spots are slightly tender when I touch it.  I'm going to try not to mess with it too much and try not to squeeze more fluid from my left nipple so that maybe it will settle down.  It's been going on for 2 months now so hopefully I can get maybe some kind of prescription to help if there are even any out there I don't know or it possibly just goes away on its own.  However being 22 years old and it probably not being puberty related I might have it permanently.  I can deal with it I won't be embarrassed I'm just glad they didn't say it was suspicious for breast cancer because I'm a giant hypochondriac.

So additionally I hope this helps me move past the fears of it being something serious and that maybe if I'm lucky enough it will resolve.  Also from what I got back from bloodwork they said my prolactin levels were slightly high and bilirubin levels were high (but that has always been high for me in the past).  

Just wanted to see if anyone has any general comments for me or suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

BTW it's only on the left side nothing on the right.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 12:34:10 PM by madden20 »

hammer

Not really sure what your looking for! I had the same lactation for awhile as mine develop more off and on, and I don't see yours going away at 22 without surgery, but I could be wrong!

The good news is that there is no bad news like breast cancer!

Best to luck to you on what ever you decide to do! I'm one old the older guys on the forum who has had gyne all my life and have learn to accept, but I also understand the younger men having surgery, so if that is what you decide to do, there is some great advice right here on the forum!

Offline madden20

• Posting Member
So do you still have those lumps right under your nipples?  I guess that is irritating to have that and it's still kind of tender in spots so if someone was to come up and give me a titty twister it would probably hurt.

The nipple discharge was what was concerning to me, I've read everywhere that's a sign of breast cancer and not commonly seen with gynecomastia (but that was from google and all the websites that it came up with) but the radiologist said it's not that uncommon.  It's not bloody, which they said wouldn't be good it's just clearish slightly cloudy at times. Sometimes it's in a few places sometimes just from one spot, but me stimulating it by squeezing it is probably not a good idea.

I would think that if something was bad they would have told me today but it seems like it's just gyno.  I just don't understand where it came from I've never used drugs, no steroids, not going through puberty, don't drink alcohol or smoke.  Only thing I've noticed is lately I've had erectile dysfunction that's about it.  Still waiting to hear about estrogen levels from blood work, I'm going to call tomorrow.

hammer

No, I don't have lumps I have 46H breast!

Don't worry, this doesn't mean you will too! I had gynecomastia as a young man and after a vasectomy my testicals rotted from my autoimmune system seeing them as a foreign matter being they no long worked properly and killed them. This was during the time my wife was pregnant with my fifth child so I really didn't need them anymore, lol! I have a host of other health issues too, and in my mid 50's now having big breast doesn't matter much to me and my freinds and family could care less as well!

It sounds like you may have a hormone problem, so hang tight until you get the results from that back!

Bob

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member
I would wait untill the underlying issues are ironed out and the glands are stabilized for at least a couple of years before going for surgery.

Good luck,
---Bobby

Offline madden20

• Posting Member
I called today to see if they got the report and the rest of the bloodwork and the bloodwork is Still not in but the report said that the ultrasound confirmed that I have excess benign fibroglandular tissue on the left side and that there is nothing to worry about and just make a follow up appointment in 6 months. Also said it's more than likely a hormone issue that caused it. I'm not really worried about the embarrassment I can live with one big nipple I just get puffy sometimes there a little tenderness and some lactation still. Hopefully I get lucky and it fades out on its own like when I was younger.

hammer

I hate to say this and I could be wrong, but I don't thing that it will just disappear on its own! Maybe one of our fine doctors can correct me if I'm wrong here on this!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024