Author Topic: Underworks/Clothing  (Read 4127 times)

Offline thor

Hi,

Just signed up to the forum today.  I've been affected by gyne probably for 8-9 years now.  It started during puberty and never went away.  Needless to say that after 8-9 years I have adopted ways of living with it, although I wouldn't miss it if I woke up tomorrow and my breasts were normal, and I'm still not that comfortable talking about it.

My question is about clothing, more specifially the underworks shirts I have seen for sale.  My gyne is mild/medium, and most of my concerns today are over shaping my chest, or hiding my puffy nipples/reducing how noticeable my breasts are when wearing tshirts, etc.  Anyway, can anyone comment on the underworks shirts?  Are they fairly comfortable? Do they give good results?  Also are they inconspicuous when worn under a tshirt for example?

Thanks for any info.
Cheers

Offline laurier

• Posting Member
I may be the only one, but I don't find them that good in that... a t-shirt not only doesn't hide it, that's fine, but it also doesn't sit right on the fabric.  The t-shirt can bunch up in weird places and... I just don't really like the thing.  It's good to hide the fact that you have gyno but I still wear a sweater everyday and it makes my body look a different shape, I am awkward moving.
I can't wait for my surgery.

Offline aux513s

• Silver Member
The underworks 997 gives very good results, just use their size chart to determine which you should order.

They can get slightly uncomfortable, especially if it's hot outside.

Another big drawback is that once you start wearing it around people, you can't just stop wearing it because your gyne will then be noticed.

They also start to wear out after a few months of use. I guess it also depends on how much you wash it.

If you had it on with a T-shirt no one would know. You can see the outline if you look hard but it just looks like a regular undershirt.

Offline laurier

• Posting Member

I hope it works out well for you. Good luck.

Thank you.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
They also start to wear out after a few months of use. I guess it also depends on how much you wash it.

Interesting....

They must be designed just for 'temproary' use during surgical recovery. However, you would think that they would last longer than a few months.  :-/

John.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 04:44:22 PM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline aux513s

• Silver Member
The underworks 997 doesn't have velcro and you have to pull it on and it's tight. There's no way someone who just had surgery would be able to do it, it would tear their chest up.

A few months doesn't seem that long but when you take into account most people wear it everyday then you start to see why.

Offline girlieman

• Posting Member
  • Bigger Is Better
    • New World Order
If I want to reduce my breast size I wear a sports bra.  I have very prominent breasts and it's effective for me.  They're made of a cotton lycra blend, wick moisture away and allow easy breathing.   They're also cheap.  $10 - $25 depending on what label you want on it.  These can be found at Target, K-mart, Wal Mart, etc...

If you look at women's tank tops they frequently have shelf bras built into them that are completely invisible.  It will hide the puffy nipples well and provide a layer of warmth during winter.  Also cheap.  Try Old Navy or the Gap.

Remember, hot böobs are bad.  Cold and soggy are even worse! ;D
'I could never be a woman.  I'd spend the entire day playing with my breasts' - Woody Allen

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
Does underworks provide sufficient compression?  With the surgery on Wednesday, I plan on keeping the pads on until the following Monday afternoon and take them off before going to class, but I'd like to have some compression and wondering if underworks ( and also the tensor bandage) provides enoug compression?  and how long before it "wears out", as in until it becomes loose and doesn't the same compression?

Offline aux513s

• Silver Member
The vest they make for surgery has velco. I don't think it would ever wear out. It's also easily noticed because of the velcro straps.

The vests they make for people to conceal their gyno have no velcro and you have to pull them on. They're really tight, and they gradually wear out like I said over a few months. They still work good,  but it doesn't compress as much as it did at first.

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
I just reread my post and made a mistake, I meant underARMOUR, not underworks....so in regards to underarmour, what kind of compression does it offer and how long before it wears out?

Offline aux513s

• Silver Member
UnderARMOUR won't do much for you. I tried to use it before I got my underworks vest.

Offline Achilles

• Silver Member
Anyone have any experience with the Underworks model #983?  It's the one that goes down halfway of the stomach (unlike the 997 which goes down fully like a regular shirt)?  I'm looking into getting one or two and wondering which is best.

Offline daddynubbie

• Bronze Member
  • Daddy has nubbies just like mommy!
After surgery i have the common compression vest with velcro straps and clips in front. The velcro is highly noticable under a shirt, i marked were it was comfortable and cut off the velcro then stitched it in place. Now it is as smooth as it can be.
Suffered For 20 years, 36 years old
Had 1st Surgery October 2005
Had Revision August 18, 2006
Looking Good So Far

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024