Author Topic: Bratabase  (Read 1236 times)

Offline gotgyne

Three and a half years ago Athena12@ mentioned the website "Bratabase". But there was no further discussion about it. Thus I'd like to recommend this site on finding and wearing bras again.
https://www.bratabase.com/
The motto is "Bratabase will help you find out which bras fit you better" and in the rules on men we read "You can use Bratabase if you wear commercial bras yourself ... Don't pretend to be a woman and don't be a creep ... You can use the site neutrally as a bra database the same way that all the other users do."

I can imagine joining Bratabase. What about you?

John
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Dudewithboobs

I did a few years ago it was helpful in a  few ways. Reddit abrathatfits is very welcoming as well for those not being creeps and weirdos and are honestly looking for support and discussion 

Busted (and happy)

Tried some long while ago. For me it was not overly helpful. As always YMMV

Offline gotgyne

I did a few years ago it was helpful in a  few ways. Reddit abrathatfits is very welcoming as well for those not being creeps and weirdos and are honestly looking for support and discussion
Yes, Reddit ABraThatFits is useful for men also, obviously more than bratabase.

Offline gotgyne

Tried some long while ago. For me it was not overly helpful. As always YMMV
It might be possible that on bratabase the standard of the rules for men who like to participate is not achieved in reality.

Orb

I have found things like that are great information however the actual trying on is your best option as to see what works, fits and shapes you for the how,  you want to be seen for the day.

Offline Sunrae

• Posting Member
I too, have found Reddit abrathatfits to be very open and welcoming to inquiries from men or transgendered people on their message board.

Offline jan1north

• Posting Member
What would be really helpful would be a clear understanding of how different brands expect you to measure for band size:
- straight under the breast
or
- straight under the breast + some amount, often 4 inches
or
- above the bust (which never made sense as the band doesn’t go there)
or
- something else strange like a proprietary chart or different rules depending on size

It’s no wonder some very high percentage of women wear the wrong size!  Someone once told me, “The beauty of standards is there are so many to choose from!” and it really applies here.

aboywithgirls

Hey fellas 🤗🥰

I know that it's easy as a woman to say "go and get fitted for a bra". The truth is that it is actually very easy. It takes all the guess work away. 

The right size is only part of the 
"right bra for you" equation. While having the right size is obviously very important, the right fit is not the same thing as having the right size. You also have to take into consideration the right shape, and the right style. Are you FOB or FOT( full on bottom or top). Are you front  and center or east and west? Are you looking to simply be supported or is minimizing something that you want your bra to do.

I know that many bra wearers here look to a pull over bra because the sizing is greatly simplified. However, you might be missing out on the structured support that you get from a more traditional bra.

There is no right or wrong answer for the right bra for you. I  can say that there is much more than just the right size and a professional fitting can streamline the process and maybe learn something new along the way. 

Love you guys, 
Sophie ❤️ 

Offline gotgyne

There is no right or wrong answer for the right bra for you. I  can say that there is much more than just the right size and a professional fitting can streamline the process and maybe learn something new along the way.

Love you guys,
Sophie ❤️
Exactly! The best is to get a professional fitting. There are so many variables that even most women who don't get fitted wear the wrong bra.
John

Offline jan1north

• Posting Member

Love you guys,
Sophie ❤️
Exactly! The best is to get a professional fitting. There are so many variables that even most women who don't get fitted wear the wrong bra.
John
While I agree - it’s nearly impossible to take the experience gained in a fitting to another brand or style, perhaps seen on sale or mail order, and get a good fit.  The in-person fitting only works for the various bras tried on and only places you “in the ball park” for anything you may purchase outside the fitting experience. 

All really stems from the problem of attempting to fit a very three-dimensional garment over a complex shape with an overly simplistic measurement system.  For example, it doesn’t make any sense to attempt to accurately describe the size or capacity of a bottle given only the bottle’s height. Yet isn’t that about what we attempt to do in a bra measurement?

I have come to expect a high percentage of failure - the nature of the beast!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024