Author Topic: Triumph Doreen bra  (Read 1229 times)

Offline gotgyne

What do you think of my Triumph Doreen bra? The Doreen is a bestseller for more than 50 years, but now, for it's pointy retro shape, mostly used by mature women. Many of them wear it for a lifetime. It's my favourite though, since it gives excellent support without an underwire and is very durable. The size of this one is 40C, the color not white but ivory. It's a little too big because of the pointy cups, but the size 40B is too small for me. 38C is too narrow in the band, I could only use it with a bra extender, so I prefer to wear the size 40C. Since my breasts are still growing, I'll fill the cups perfectly soon.
John
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Busted (and happy)

Looks fine. It is a good bra by all accounts
Personally, I have looked at it a few times but never purchased. I am a "don't flaunt them, don't hide them" sort of bloke. I don't care whether anyone can see or make an educated guess that I'm wearing a bra, but the Doreen's pointy shape does, for me rather remove all doubt!
Kudos to you. You are a braver man than me Gunga Din
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 02:45:03 AM by Busted (and happy) »

Offline gotgyne

Thank you Busted for your polite comment. You're right, the pointy shape of the Doreen bra is the reason why I prefer this bra between fall and spring. During summer with only a t-shirt or even a women's top which accentuates the shape of the body it is not very suitable for a man, unless he is very brave.
Thank you very much for the compliment, but for sure I'm not braver than Gunga Din. I had to look it up and read that in the poem of Rudyard Kipling he was an Indian who saved a British soldier and was killed in that action.
John
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 06:22:42 AM by gotgyne »

aboywithgirls

Very pretty, vintage looking bra. Looks great on you. 

Sophie ❤️

Busted (and happy)

Hi gotgyne
The phrase "you're a braver man than me, Gunga Din" was quite a common phrase in the UK post WW2.
In colloquial use it didn't so much refer the other persons bravery as to one's own 'cowardice"   - more acurately used to mean "you wouldn't catch me doing that!"
Forgot to say when I replied that the Doreen bra does really suite you. ........I am nearly tempted to try  ...... but no, you really are a braver man than me Gunga Din!
Cheers

Offline gotgyne

Very pretty, vintage looking bra. Looks great on you.

Sophie ❤️
Thank you very much Sophie for your polite comment. Well, I think I'm a little conservative considering my choice of bras. Maybe it's also a reminscence of my female colleague and friend S. at the university. She was a BBW, well endowed and - although being only in her 20s! - wore always very functional corsetry like the Triumph "Ideal" corselette and the "Doreen" bra, not only in this form but also as a longline bra and then together with a high-waisted panty girdle. This was some decades ago but I loved these garments already at that time. And although being a BBW she had a better figure and posture than many of her thinner colleagues.
John
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 06:22:20 AM by gotgyne »

Offline gotgyne

Nice looking bra. If you're like me there are days you can fill it out better than others. I am in my woodshop working so I have an old Bali bra on and if I cover up to go to the hardware store there really is no hiding them, so I don't really try other than to be modest.
I say wear what you like and feel good in
Thank you very much Charli for your polite comment. Yes this happens, not only from day to day, but even within a day. At the and of the day my breasts fill out the cups of my Doreen bra snugly. I know a German forum on bras established by women. They call this "breast migration". At last after six months of constant bra wearing this effect should be parmanent, they say. Then even the space between the breasts could be a little smaller. At Berlin is a very well known shop for foundation garments and corsets. The woman who owned it (now her daughter runs the business) said in a television interview that the shape of the breasts changes with bra wearing permanently.
John

Online Johndoe1

Great looking bra. You wear it well. Wear it proudly.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline gotgyne

Hi gotgyne
The phrase "you're a braver man than me, Gunga Din" was quite a common phrase in the UK post WW2.
In colloquial use it didn't so much refer the other persons bravery as to one's own 'cowardice"  - more acurately used to mean "you wouldn't catch me doing that!"
Forgot to say when I replied that the Doreen bra does really suite you. ........I am nearly tempted to try  ...... but no, you really are a braver man than me Gunga Din!
Cheers
Hi Busted, thank you for clarifying. I'm living in Germany and not a native speaker in English, thus my lack of knowledge of this phrase. And thank you for the comments on the bra. You really should try it. But it is very retro and pointy. And the straps are wide but very short. I'm not very tall, so for me that's no problem, but it can be a problem for many men and even women. I'd recommend that you at first look at the ratings on Amazon
John
Doreen bra

Offline gotgyne

Great looking bra. You wear it well. Wear it proudly.
Thank you Johndoe1 for your polite comment. I'll wear it proudly.
John

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
I'm quite familiar with the Triumph brand and as a fan of retro looking bras, I have experimented with the Doreen before. I like the wide straps. The Doreen does seem to be designed for, let's say, mature women who need a heavy-duty bra but still want to appear perky. These bras obviously deal with sagging boobs pretty well. gotgyne, I noticed that you just started the Sagging Breasts thread as well as this one. I think you have already found the solution.;)

Offline gotgyne

I'm quite familiar with the Triumph brand and as a fan of retro looking bras, I have experimented with the Doreen before. I like the wide straps. The Doreen does seem to be designed for, let's say, mature women who need a heavy-duty bra but still want to appear perky. These bras obviously deal with sagging boobs pretty well. gotgyne, I noticed that you just started the Sagging Breasts thread as well as this one. I think you have already found the solution.;)
Aussie63, that's an excellent observation. In fact I think the Doreen bra shall stay my favorite. I like the wide straps too and also the 3x3 hooks and eyes in the back. Yes the bra is sturdy and for sure not for everyone but the support matches an underwire.
John

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024