Author Topic: Clothes shopping  (Read 837 times)

Busted (and happy)

As someone one whose gyno journey has gone from needing a bra to liking a bra to wanting attractive bras, and with body shape changes, branching out into various items of womens clothing and being bold over by comfort and fit, I make the following observation :-
Shopping in the women's aisles is a much more pleasant and friendly  occupation, from helpful sales assistants, to seasonal colours and changing styles. 
In short I now find it a pleasant and enjoyable pastime rather than a chore. I often browse solo, but it is even better when accompanied by my wife who knows that I would never want to embarrass her by looking anything other than male. 
Constantly evolving stock over the months also means clothing offers come round more often and discounts are far more generous than in the men's department 
How is is the shopping for you?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2022, 06:16:46 AM by Busted (and happy) »

Offline taxmapper

As per my post similar to this, for me it was a hurdle to walk into a store to look at clothing without feeling like every eye is on me. 

Then I realized that women have no hang-up going into the men's department and grabbing whatever. 

this is a societal aspect where women can get away with anything, but men....  no way unless your gay. 

I think eventually much of the perception is our own mental blocks. Where women really wont care. 

What is nice however is the slightly liberating aspect of just doing it without care, and to those who would say something, my response is...
"jealous? "

Dudewithboobs

I agree. Over time you realize just no one is really gawking or going what a pervert when you’re the one by yourself looking at a bra rack calmly finding your size. Only time I felt that a little was when I first began with pantys and trying to find my size. I wasn’t intending to buy them just kind of why not moment and felt I was looking more than I’d like and if anyone saw me probably thought this guy is just staring at these women on the packages. Not true at all. Same when I bought a pair of women’s jeans. Left phone in the car to Google size conversion and just did the hold up to my waist and see. A woman walked by and saw me and just kept moving. 
I feel long as you are there and generally shopping and not causing suspicion of sorts than you are no different than them shopping. If I seen a guy frantically combing a bra rack or something I’d be like yeah this guy is off a bit. But just walking casually and looking like he knows what he is looking for just needs to find it. Then it’s no different to me than walking in a shoe store looking for your preferred pair of running shoes etc. 
I feel the attn comes with the behavior rather than the act. 

Offline Gotboobs

• Silver Member
Exactly! Just shop with ease and browse about for what your looking for as calm as can be. If you are nervous and constantly looking around to see if someone is watching you. You either come off as a shoplifter or some kind of creeper. I bought a new sports bra a few weeks ago. I was calmly looking through the racks. Sales woman came up and asked if she could help me. I told her that I was looking for a new sports bra for myself and I know what size I wear and if I found something I liked could I try it on. She said certainly and pointed to where the fitting rooms where at. And then she said if I have any questions feel free to ask and went about her business. It was at Kohl’s in a much bigger city then where I live. We don’t have big box stores in our little town.

Gino

As someone one whose gyno journey has gone from needing a bra to liking a bra to wanting attractive bras, and with body shape changes, branching out into various items of womens clothing and being bold over by comfort and fit, I make the following observation :-
Shopping in the women's aisles is a much more pleasant and friendly  occupation, from helpful sales assistants, to seasonal colours and changing styles.
In short I now find it a pleasant and enjoyable pastime rather than a chore. I often browse solo, but it is even better when accompanied by my wife who knows that I would never want to embarrass her by looking anything other than male.
Constantly evolving stock over the months also means clothing offers come round more often and discounts are far more generous than in the men's department
How is is the shopping for you?
My needing to conceal morphing to wanting attractive garments is also my experience. Luckily my GF likes my more fashionable styles too :-) Other than VS, I haven't found a store that carries bra styles I like at all so I shop online, luckily I'm a very common size and the brands I like I can always trust they will fit. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024