Author Topic: Am I going about this correctly?  (Read 3290 times)

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
Ok I'm really anxious to get rid of my Gyne, but do you guys think I'm going about this right?

- I have a consultation booked with a Dr. Turner booked for the 4th of January. This is his site ...

http://www.winnipegcosmeticsurgery.com/about.htm

Is there any questions that I should for sure ask at the consultation?

- I have an apointement booked with my doctor on the 23rd of January. I belive he will be able to test my Hormones to see if theres an imbalance.

Is there anything I'm missing here so far guys? I'm really anxious about this operation and want it to be an outstanding success. It is reassuring to know that something is going to finally be done about it. Thanks.

Offline abaz

• Bronze Member
Al, whats the cost gonna be, I was looking into him a little while ago too.

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
4000$+ for Gynecomastia surgery. He seems to be the most promising in Winnipeg.

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
Al, whats the cost gonna be, I was looking into him a little while ago too.

Also I take it you live in Winnipeg or close to it?

Offline abaz

• Bronze Member

Also I take it you live in Winnipeg or close to it?

lived in Brandon, but now im in Calgary  :P may i ask how old you are?

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
Yes 17 and a half. I live in Winnipeg myself. Calgary isent very far though so I think you would be fine to drive out for the day if you had to. Also.. how old are you?

Offline abaz

• Bronze Member
Yes 17 and a half. I live in Winnipeg myself. Calgary isent very far though so I think you would be fine to drive out for the day if you had to. Also.. how old are you?

i'm  18, 19 in March and I live in Calgary.

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
Well good luck to you my friend, I'm off to bed. I hope some more people will be able to reply. Later.

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Is there any questions that I should for sure ask at the consultation?

Allan, Dr. Turner's credentials look awesome! What I would be most concerned with is how many Gynecomastic reductions does he do each year. It does not mention this on his Website. Not that I could see anyways. Practice makes perfect, or 'near' perfect...

Also, is he proficient at the proceedure and can he provide you with before and after pics of his prior patients.

I'm really anxious about this operation and want it to be an outstanding success.

Keep in mind here Dude, Gynecomastic Reduciton Surgery most likely will not give you a 'Perfect' chest as if you've never had Gyne at all. There most likely will be 'some' irregularities that you have to be prepared for. Irregularities such as a slight concavity on one or both sides, slight folds in one or both areola/nipple. There will be scarring. How the incisions heal and how noticealbe the resulting scars will be, is totally up to your body and how it handles healing. We all heal differently and at different rates.

I have heard that UV light is bad for healing surgical incisions. It would be a good idea to stay away from sunlight or tanning beds while you are healing.

Anyways, back to my original thought. Sorry, I started to ramble on....   You have to have 'Realistic Expectations' of surgery results. Gynecomastic Reduction Surgery is a 'fix', not a 'cure'!

Good Luck and have a Happy New Year!  ;)

John.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 11:00:12 AM by Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Well said bambu - the individuals expectations (hopefully realistic) are as important to the perceived success or failure of gyne removal surgery as is the surgeons skill.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 10:45:55 AM by jc71 »

Offline Allan7865

• Gold Member
Thanks Bambu, yes I do realise it wont be perfect. But at this rate it wont get any worse then it is now.

When I emailed him at first I was informed that he does about 4 Gynecomastia procedures a month, which I think is good.

I will also ask to see pictures when I go for my consultation. Which I think the site says he will provide.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024