Author Topic: how much gland should go?!  (Read 4106 times)

Offline turningacorner

• Silver Member
Had the consult today lads

and he's said my case is very very small, he's worried that he could make my chest look worse than it is by having it all removed

I personally don't care as long as I can wear whatever the hell I want! mabye my case is small compared to some of you guys, but my the protruding nips through clothes makes me feel as much embarassment as anyone here.

I don't need lipo, just gland removal, I thought/hoped he would take it all out, but I don't want to go concave either tbh. Thoughts gentlemen please.
from anyone who can help

cheers

GynO_DuDe

Try a different surgeon buddy ...

Each surgeon has their own skill at gyne surgery ... this ones obviously not confident enough.

Offline turningacorner

• Silver Member
lol dude he is trust,

he has said if i want it all gone he will do so, but in the past patients have been unhappy with it all gone even though they thought they would look awesome.

it leaves a concave in the chest u see man, just wondering what peeps here think

changing surgeon won't happen.

Offline sadgyneguy

• Gold Member
  • Gyne transformed me into a living dead.
if that's the case, choose another surgeon.
To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did...

Dr Benjamin Herbosa's Contact Info (Dr Benny)

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Each surgeon has their own skill at gyne surgery ... this ones obviously not confident enough.

"Not Confident"... or just being 'Honest'?

The most difficult part of GRS is judging how much gland/fat tissue to remove without leaving concavities... This particular surgeon could be very skilled and may do a great job, but he is just advising turningacorner of this particular risk of surgery. That risk, most likely, being concavities. The surgeons POV would be this... "Dude, your case is not that bad. Why take the risk of having concavities, or any other anomaly...."

However, having gyne, whether it being slightly puffy nipples or full blown breasts, results in much the same 'psychological pain' for each sufferer. The gyne sufferer must make an informed decision as to what would be worse... To unhappily plod along through life with a feminine chest, or take the 'risk' of having slight concavities... Personally, I would rather have the concavities...

Kudos to this surgeon for advising turningacorner of this risk of surgery! Too many sufferers think that GRS is a 'Cure'... In realality tho, it's only a 'Fix'... And that fix has certain risks...   ;)

GB
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 02:34:41 PM by Grandpa Bambu »
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

GynO_DuDe

Hmmm, well said.

I take back what I said then, didn't put in much thought to my reply.

Offline turningacorner

• Silver Member
thanks bambu

I trust the doctor completely, you have come from my point of view, those other guys made me doubt the surgeon and tbh it scared me as my surgery is this monday.

I can't stand my feminine chest and would happily risk concavities, the shape of my chest has knocked my confidence for years, and now, at a time when I need it most being the front man of a band I am happy to take these risks to make the most of my life, feeling secure about the body I am in.

My case is not the worst, but my protruding nips have been the cause for people to grab at my chest, and even give me nipple twists in the past.. highly embarassing.

i am looking forward to my surgery.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...

DrBermant

Had the consult today lads

and he's said my case is very very small, he's worried that he could make my chest look worse than it is by having it all removed

I personally don't care as long as I can wear whatever the hell I want! mabye my case is small compared to some of you guys, but my the protruding nips through clothes makes me feel as much embarassment as anyone here.

I don't need lipo, just gland removal, I thought/hoped he would take it all out, but I don't want to go concave either tbh. Thoughts gentlemen please.
from anyone who can help

cheers

Crater Deformity Defects After Gynecomastia Surgery can look terrible.  Check out this new page showing just a few of the horror stories I have seen.

That is why I evolved my Dynamic Technique Male Chest Contouring that permits me to target gland first and then use an artist's pallet of tools to contour the remaining tissue.  I have been talking about this technique now for many years.  Take some time to browse through the many examples of my work to see typical results of my methods.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024