Author Topic: Other stuff, maybe due to estrogen, that we haven't discussed yet.  (Read 2773 times)

Offline Johndoe1

I have a close female friend who knows ask me how I looked at women. I had to admit my first thought was not in a sexual manner but their hair, makeup, clothes and how they fit and how she wore them. She laughed. She said, you aren't trying to bed them, you're checking out the competition!
*blush*

Your reply to your friend describes my thoughts exactly! Reading about her reply to you is a real wow moment for me too. Competition? I've never thought of it in those terms before! It's true though, isn't it, even to the extent that we sometimes think to ourselves, "Oh, her bra doesn't fit properly. I do way better!" or "Where did she get those boots?" or similar.
She didn't mean competition in the literal sense. She was a little surprised that my initial reaction was more like hers and not more traditional male. I don't think she was expecting that. I explained to her that I suspected that because of the amount of estrogen I have had in my system for the amount of time has allowed me to see life through feminine eyes as well as male eyes. While I consider myself a male, and always have, the estrogen has affected my body and my mind in certain ways. I then asked her how she saw me. She hesitated for a second and then answered, there are times she forgets I am a guy and hears girl because of something I say or something I do and she hoped that didn't offend me. I told her no offense taken. She said she felt safe around me, like with other women. I thanked her for her honesty. I don't know what she was expecting from me.

I didn't ask to be this way. I have learned to accept what I can't change and be happy with what I have. I think she began to understand. I am a mutt!
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline Justagirl💃

• When life gives you curves, Flaunt them! 🤗
As a happily married woman of transgender experience I can say that I'm 90% lesbian. I love my wife and I am attracted to women. There is one thing that I am attracted to about a man🙄. Anyway, in my opinion, I think that it is completely normal that none of us is 100% either way.

❤️Sophie❤️
Hmm, I would say I'm 50/50. Nothing I would like more than having my wife return and spend our golden years together 'clothes shopping', but if the Robert Redford type was around, that's a heart stopper as well. 🤭
When life gives you curves,
flaunt them! 💃
💋Birdie💋

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
She didn't mean competition in the literal sense. She was a little surprised that my initial reaction was more like hers and not more traditional male. I don't think she was expecting that. I explained to her that I suspected that because of the amount of estrogen I have had in my system for the amount of time has allowed me to see life through feminine eyes as well as male eyes. While I consider myself a male, and always have, the estrogen has affected my body and my mind in certain ways. I then asked her how she saw me. She hesitated for a second and then answered, there are times she forgets I am a guy and hears girl because of something I say or something I do and she hoped that didn't offend me. I told her no offense taken. She said she felt safe around me, like with other women. I thanked her for her honesty. I don't know what she was expecting from me.

I didn't ask to be this way. I have learned to accept what I can't change and be happy with what I have. I think she began to understand. I am a mutt!
Yes, I know, figuratively not literally, but the gist is the same.

Regarding "I then asked her how she saw me. She hesitated for a second and then answered, there are times she forgets I am a guy and hears girl because of something I say or something I do..." I have had two salient but contrasting examples of this that I can easily recall. The first was about 15 years ago on a different forum where most of the members were women. I fitted right in, especially in the lounge forum where there was plenty of friendly banter and chit-chat going on. But, there was one particularly snooty lady there who said in a condescending manner that I was acting like One Of The Girls. It was framed as a put-down and it hit the mark. I found her comment hurtful and it upset me for quite a while. All I was doing was naturally fitting in by being me, for God's sake! Fast forward about 12 years and on another forum which I often contribute to nowadays, a similar thing was said to me, but it was made in a warm, inclusive, complimentary way. The difference was amazing, and it actually set me on the path towards self-acceptance. ❤️

I am also happy with what I have in this context. I have trouble defining it sometimes, but I wouldn't change it for the world.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2024, 08:25:08 AM by Evolver »

Offline Johndoe1

I have trouble defining it sometimes, but I wouldn't change it for the world.
That's me too. There was a time I didn't like me very much. But times and circumstances have changed and due to some very awesome people in my life who have come to accept me for me, I have changed my self opinion and like what I am and wouldn't change a bit of it.

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
My new question is:  Do any of you here take the personal grooming a bit further?
I also quoted and answered this a couple of months ago near the top of the previous page, but I've actually got more to add.

I think if I ever took the time to write down every single change in my grooming, presentation, clothing, mannerisms, emotions, the way I think etc. over the past two or three years, I would truly astound myself.

As far as grooming goes, in the past couple of months I have begun to trim my eyebrows just a little bit shorter again, but I need to pay a bit more ongoing attention to their uneven appearance in between times. I have also started to shave the back of my hands and fingers. Although I continue to use conditioner every day, I still get a bit of frizz, so a hack that my hairdresser told me is to smear a bit of moisturizer in your palms and rub it over your hair. It works! But now what I also do is make sure that I rub the excess all over my hands. More recently, while I'm at it, I also apply the moisturizer to my face! It actually does feel really nice too, and it's a part of my morning routine now, which seems to take longer and longer to complete!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024