Author Topic: Bras that don't show  (Read 2787 times)

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member
Hi there.  Long time listener, first time caller.  Seems like I need to start looking into getting a bra.  My manboobs have never been big enough to require a bra, but lately, something's been going on with them. Maybe growing a bit more (sometimes they look bigger than before, but other times smaller, do tend to feel just a little bit bigger in my hands,) a bit bouncier, and as a result, more sensitive.  For me, it's mostly noticeable when driving and the slight roughness of the road causes them to bounce, causing them to rub up and down my shirt.  Not painful or irritating be any means, just annoying and distracting.  So I've come to the conclusion it's time to keep them under control.

I've been lucky so far that my manboobs aren't really that noticeable when clothed since I'm a 6'5 giant with a bit of a hefty build.  So I'm looking for a bra that I can wear that won't have people think when they look at me "Why is he wearing a bra?" or "Holy shit!  He's got boobs!"

Normal work attire for me is T-shirt with a button up work shirt on top (typically, by Dickies or some other thicker blue collar work type shirt.)  Outside of work, I'm more casual and typically just wear a loose t-shirt.  I know wearing a skin colored bra helps conceal it.  I've looked into t-shirt bra's as they supposedly hide bra straps very well, but the padded molded cups present a problem, or rather, 2 problems.  

I have tried an Under Armour compression heat gear vest.  And while it does keep things under control and even reduces their size, the collar is rather high, and with a shirt over it, the cooling system of the vest doesn't work so you get hot rather quickly.

So any suggestions for a bra or something else that won't make my breasts more noticeable, doesn't have visible bra straps and won't cause me to overheat?

aboywithgirls

I am happy to recommend that you go to your nearest Torrid store and try their 360 smooth underwire bra. This bra is the must comfortable and smoothest bra I have ever worn. The straps adjust on the front so no strap bumps on your back. The band is flat laying spandex which makes the band invisible under your top. The hook and loop where the band meets is much flatter than most bras.

Torrid is becoming known for welcoming men with breasts and are very understanding and happy to help us.

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member
Torrid sure has come a long way since their days as Hot Topic for BBW.   I'm not sure which bra in particular you re referring to since they have a whole variety of 360 bras.  But I question whether I'm big enough for them.  According to their sizing video, I'd be a 42B, but I know that's a bit misleading since male ribcages are different that women's.  My torso keeps getting wider as it gets close to the shoulders.  I suspect I'd be closer to a 42A, which they don't carry.  I will keep them in mind as there are several Torrid stores close by and some of their sports bra look tempting (despite no nude color.)  Though, I don't know what's more embarrassing, going for a bra fitting because you're a guy with boobs or being told after the fitting that your boobs aren't big enough for a bra.

Offline Goodnplenty

• Bronze Member
I've been happy with the Wacoal underwire sports bra.  It's unlined and since it's a sports bra I think it fits men a little better than some of the molded cup bras.

Offline cm2015

• Posting Member
I am a fan of this bra.My only beef with it is the clasp in the back..

https://www.herroom.com/hanes-g796-smoothtec-comfortflex-fit-wirefree-bra.shtml

I also wear this bra in the summer and under tight clothes. It doesn’t completely hide the nipples but keeps things sort of “contained”

https://www.amazon.com/BALI-Comfort-Revolution-Microfiber-Crop/dp/B0065Q5WGK/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=bali+comfort+revolution+bralette&qid=1578308310&sprefix=bali+comfort+revolution+bra&sr=8-3

bikerbob

I am a 40 not-quite-B.  After trying several different bras, I settled on Rhonda Shear Ahh leisure bras.  They are light weight pullovers with stretchy cups that adjust to anything from an A cup on up.  They are sold according to band size so you would want a XL or 1X.  They have no hooks or other hardware and lie flat under your shirt.  I have been wearing them every day for over 2 years and don't think I have ever been busted wearing one.  They stop the bounce nicely and I even wear one for mountain biking.  They come in blues, greys, and other manly colors so you don't have to get something girly unless you just want to.  They are unlined and don't do anything for the high beams but I can live with that.  Underwires are fine but they gather up the sideboob and project it forward.  I own a couple but don't wear them unless I just feel like letting the girls fly.  If you are a B or smaller, you probably don't need an underwire anyhow.  If you are much bigger than a B, these are probably not for you.  I usually deal with herroom.com because their web site is easy to use and they ship quickly.  I understand that Hanes makes a similar bra but I haven't tried them.  Good luck.

Online Johndoe1

I've been happy with the Wacoal underwire sports bra.  It's unlined and since it's a sports bra I think it fits men a little better than some of the molded cup bras.
I have been wanting to try that bra but unsure how it would support larger breasts "under a full load of movement."

I would use it for exercising and not a regular everyday bra. I have regular Wacoal underwire bras the I like very much. Wacoal fits my shape well and is comfortable to wear and supports and contains me well. I have several Anita Extreme sports bras for jogging and the girls are very comfortable and do not bounce around at all in those bras when I jog.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member
I've been happy with the Wacoal underwire sports bra.  It's unlined and since it's a sports bra I think it fits men a little better than some of the molded cup bras.
Sadly it seems their sports bras start at C cup.  I doubt I'm that big, though I've never been professionally measured/fitted.  This is what I' dealing with (be kind) and I know these are mosquito bites compared to some of you, but it's enough for bouncing and rubbing against the fabric of my shirts.  

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member

I also wear this bra in the summer and under tight clothes. It doesn’t completely hide the nipples but keeps things sort of “contained”

https://www.amazon.com/BALI-Comfort-Revolution-Microfiber-Crop/dp/B0065Q5WGK/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=bali+comfort+revolution+bralette&qid=1578308310&sprefix=bali+comfort+revolution+bra&sr=8-3
That Bali bra looks like a real possibility.  And at only $10 for the nude, no harm in trying it.  Nipples are a very frequent issue for me.  Got to the point here I just don't care about that anymore.  Pretty much always at attention and showing through my shirts (the work shirts help disguise it, but if you're looking for them, you will seem them.)  Got so bad last winter (they really stand out in the cold) that I kept them covered with band-aids.

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member
I am a 40 not-quite-B.  After trying several different bras, I settled on Rhonda Shear Ahh leisure bras.  They are light weight pullovers with stretchy cups that adjust to anything from an A cup on up.  They are sold according to band size so you would want a XL or 1X.  They have no hooks or other hardware and lie flat under your shirt.  I have been wearing them every day for over 2 years and don't think I have ever been busted wearing one.  They stop the bounce nicely and I even wear one for mountain biking.  They come in blues, greys, and other manly colors so you don't have to get something girly unless you just want to.  They are unlined and don't do anything for the high beams but I can live with that.  Underwires are fine but they gather up the sideboob and project it forward.  I own a couple but don't wear them unless I just feel like letting the girls fly.  If you are a B or smaller, you probably don't need an underwire anyhow.  If you are much bigger than a B, these are probably not for you.  I usually deal with herroom.com because their web site is easy to use and they ship quickly.  I understand that Hanes makes a similar bra but I haven't tried them.  Good luck.
Looks like they got a lot of leisure bras at the Rhonda Shear site, so not sure which one you are referring to, but the "cutie racerback" one looks like has potential.  Thanks for the tip.

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member

That Bali bra looks like a real possibility.  And at only $10 for the nude, no harm in trying it.  Nipples are a very frequent issue for me.  Got to the point here I just don't care about that anymore.  Pretty much always at attention and showing through my shirts (the work shirts help disguise it, but if you're looking for them, you will seem them.)  Got so bad last winter (they really stand out in the cold) that I kept them covered with band-aids.
Got the Bali today (thank you Amazon Prime.)  Very comfortable.  It's light, soft and breathable.  And right away it helped to alleviate my breast pains.  Not sure if it's from feeling the fabric snug against my breasts and nipples or because it's stopping my nipples from rubbing against my shirt, or because it's actually supporting my breasts (and making them appear smaller.)  If I don't chicken out, I might wear this to work tomorrow.
Straps are a slight annoyance, but I suspect that's because I'm just not used to feeling straps over my shoulders and under my "bust."    With a t-shirt on, it's practically unnoticeable from the front (I can barely make it out when looking specifically for it.) Nipples still show through my shirt, but not as much as going braless.   Straps are a bit more noticeable in the back from the hemming at the edge of the fabric, especially when bending over.  I'll still be looking for one that the edge of the straps don't show, but at $10, this is a heck of a bra.  I will probably order a couple more. 

Offline gyneco_jason

• Bronze Member
You and I are a similar size, so I recommend this one for you. It's about $40 but definitely worth it. Probably my favorite all-around bra.

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/acceptance-garments/30/love-this-new-minimizer-bra/35475

bikerbob

The Bali looks interesting but I find it annoying as hell when they don't show you what it looks like from the rear.  Is it a pullover or does it have hooks in the rear?  At that price I might give it a try.

Offline OHboobs

• Silver Member
The Bali looks interesting but I find it annoying as hell when they don't show you what it looks like from the rear.  Is it a pullover or does it have hooks in the rear?  At that price I might give it a try.
I assume you're referring to the one CM2015 recommended.  It is a pullover.  And there are pics.  Not sure how it appears on a mobile device, but if you follow his link on a computer, you'll see some thumbnails to the left of the main pic.  Second one is of the back.  Click on it to make it the main pic.  choosing colors will reset that though.  And it looks like my purchase raised the price of the nude by a dollar.

I've found it to be very comfortable, but I only have braless to compare it to.

bikerbob

You are correct.  I missed that thumbnail on the left.  I am going to order one, that seems like a good solution for us guys who don't quite fill up a B cup but still need some kind of support.  It looks like that will lie flat under a T shirt.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024