Author Topic: scar tissue  (Read 2265 times)

Offline middetroit

• Posting Member
This has probably already been asked but do you guys know if there is any way to accelerate the disappearance of scar tissue? I'm back to the gym after about 5 weeks post op and they look considerably better with no pain and very little scarring so I'm happy but there is scar tissue that my PS said would smooth out over the next few months.  Im just wondering if working out and being active would have any effect on getting rid of the scar tissue, or is it just gonna take time no matter what? Thanks.

Offline MSJ108

it takes time but you can massage area with various creams to help with scars

Offline mkit8971

• Bronze Member
Are they lumps underneath the nipples?  Or are you talking about visible scars?  I was told scar tissue will dissipate and being active again will help to reduce it.

Offline middetroit

• Posting Member
they are lumps. im not concerned with the actual scars around the areolas at all because they blend in nicely and u can barely tell they are there. its the lumps that are concerning me.  I'm not overweight (6'1 about 175) so the gland that was there before removal was very visible but now its just scar tissue build up i believe that's not as bad but still somewhat visible.  It's a definite improvement from before so i don't want to complain but i dropped a lot of $$ on this so i'm wondering if theres anything to do to get rid of the lumps. Thanks.

Offline mkit8971

• Bronze Member
they are lumps. im not concerned with the actual scars around the areolas at all because they blend in nicely and u can barely tell they are there. its the lumps that are concerning me.  I'm not overweight (6'1 about 175) so the gland that was there before removal was very visible but now its just scar tissue build up i believe that's not as bad but still somewhat visible.  It's a definite improvement from before so i don't want to complain but i dropped a lot of $$ on this so i'm wondering if theres anything to do to get rid of the lumps. Thanks.

I know exactly what you mean.  I have a lump underneath my left nipple causing it to protrude.  Very irritating for droping $5,000 on surgery.  My doctor told me it will smooth out with time, and to just massage it.

Offline ddrop

• Bronze Member
I have a question too :  I developed scar tissue and now am one and a half week post op, so i wonder will the scar tissue continue to develop for some more time or is the first manifestation also the last? Please, answer me because i am concerned how i will look for the summer :(

Offline mkit8971

• Bronze Member
I have a question too :  I developed scar tissue and now am one and a half week post op, so i wonder will the scar tissue continue to develop for some more time or is the first manifestation also the last? Please, answer me because i am concerned how i will look for the summer :(

I developed my scar tissue probably 2-3 weeks post-op and now i am 6 weeks post-op.  I have not noticed any increase in the size of it.  Scar tissue will only go away, not get worse (unless you reinjure the site of course).

Offline ddrop

• Bronze Member
tthat's good! and how long did the development last? or did it just happen "over the night"?

Offline mkit8971

• Bronze Member
tthat's good! and how long did the development last? or did it just happen "over the night"?

To be honest i am not sure.  I just started noticing a lump and kept my eye on it.

Offline MSJ108

only week and half...give it time brother

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024