Author Topic: Local or General Anesthesia  (Read 8810 times)

Offline fiXXXer

• Bronze Member
Ugh, you guys are really scaring me.

I have finally enough money for surgery, and now, after reading this thread, I'm considering just living with gynecomatia.

Local:  Being concious while having fat, skin and glands sucked, ripped and sawed out of your chest does not sound good, nor does the chance of actually feeling it.  This seems like having a tooth pulled, but 1,000x worse.
General:  Having a tube stuck down my throat and a mechanical device to control my breathing does not sound good, either.

:(
« Last Edit: May 04, 2007, 10:48:10 AM by Kyle Johnson »
Facing what consumes you is the only way to be free!

Offline Gone

• Bronze Member
I have had couple of surgeries under general anesthesia and gyne-surgery in local anesthesia. Never had any problems.

Offline sometimesuk

• Bronze Member
  • EXERCISE MACHINES - PUNISHMENT FOR EATING TOO MUCH
Perhaps I'm just a Big Girls Blouse but there would be no way in hell that I would have surgery under Local Aesthetic, Knock me out any time.

Do you really, want to feel / have the sensation of what’s going on?

And I for one, certainly don’t want to hear the surgeon go “Opps”

I wonder if its like going to the dentist, why does he always asks you questions when he has a drill in your mouth?!!!!!!!!

My advice, save the extra money, I certainly wouldn’t want in my opinion that “mental torture” for the rest of my life

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
I was put under by IV. The anasthesiologist fee was $800 and they never really gave me an option. If I had the choice before surgery I would have chosen local. But, after the experience, I'm gland I was put under. Little joke. You see because...

Offline Gone

• Bronze Member
I just can't understand what is so scary about local anesthesia. And I thought I was the sensitive guy...

I think that the idea of putting you to an artificial sleep sounds a lot scarier. In local you don't see anything what they are doing, unless you insist, you don't feel any pain, it's much cheaper and you are in much better condition after the surgery, so what's the big fuss about it?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024