Author Topic: Do I have gynecomastia? (+pics)  (Read 13698 times)

Offline ManBoobs187

• Posting Member
You need to lose some weight man, probably at least 20 pounds.  The fact that you lost only 8 pounds in 6 months means you weren't even trying, the fat that it was extreme doesn't tell us anything, you need to be smart about it, not extreme.  Please be honest with yourself.  I think you may still need the surgery, but you're not going to feel better about yourself until you drop some weight.  I don't meant to be harsh, but someone's got to tell you the truth.  Surgery is not the end all be all.  Get on a weight lifting program, eat more protein and less carbs.  Stop drinking soda, except for diet and no junk food at all.  I'm pretty sure at your age and your weight, you're probably taking in a lot of refined sugar, you should eliminate it completely from your diet for starters. 

I was eating nothing but chicken/ other lean meats, and vegatbles for dinner, and eggs and tuna for breakfast and lunch during this diet. NOTHING but water. no candy, sweets or anything of the sort. I also hit the gym 5 days a week, doing an hour of strength workouts and likewise of cardiovascular training. I had a personal trainer/dietician as well. So to say i wasnt even trying is a joke. And if those 8 pounds, that i worked so damn hard to lose, made any sort of difference in my embrassment of a body, dont you think i might have considered busting my ass for another year to lose around 20 more?

Sorry but i get pissed any time this aspect is brought up, as i am reminded about that period which was a total waste of valueable time, and really hard efforts.

Offline MEND1

• Posting Member
Man Boobs

Take it for what it's worth.....just my opinion as a fitness professional. Your a classic endomorph, and understanding your somatotype (categorization of body types: i.e. Mesomorph/Ectomorph/Endomorph), is crucial as you attempt to piece together a fitness program.  Being a endomorph does have a few physiological implications. From a body composition stand point, endomorphs have a greater propensity to store body fat. They also are classic "hard gainers", which means generating lean body mass is a challenge. Not to add salt to the wound (because you get an A for effort), but 8 pounds in the time frame you mentioned, isn't exactly a great return on your investment. Honestly your dietitian and trainer need a talking to, unless of course you didn't adhere to all their guidelines. Anyway if I had to guess, your volume of work (per week) combined w/ caloric restrictions spun you into a catabolic state. You lost weight, but in that state your body will metabolize all sorts of things....body fat not being one of them. I suggest doing some research on the topic. Dietary guidelines and weight training parameters, will be substantially different for you as compared to mesomorphs and ectomorphs. Side note: most people are comprised of 2 somatotypes, but you look to be predominately endo. Don't give up on working out, in the long run the right combination of activity will yield favorable results. You may not get rid of the Gyno, but adding inches to your traps, delts, and pecs will give you new self confidence. Some food for thought, hope it helps man.

Offline ManBoobs187

• Posting Member
Man Boobs

Take it for what it's worth.....just my opinion as a fitness professional. Your a classic endomorph, and understanding your somatotype (categorization of body types: i.e. Mesomorph/Ectomorph/Endomorph), is crucial as you attempt to piece together a fitness program.  Being a endomorph does have a few physiological implications. From a body composition stand point, endomorphs have a greater propensity to store body fat. They also are classic "hard gainers", which means generating lean body mass is a challenge. Not to add salt to the wound (because you get an A for effort), but 8 pounds in the time frame you mentioned, isn't exactly a great return on your investment. Honestly your dietitian and trainer need a talking to, unless of course you didn't adhere to all their guidelines. Anyway if I had to guess, your volume of work (per week) combined w/ caloric restrictions spun you into a catabolic state. You lost weight, but in that state your body will metabolize all sorts of things....body fat not being one of them. I suggest doing some research on the topic. Dietary guidelines and weight training parameters, will be substantially different for you as compared to mesomorphs and ectomorphs. Side note: most people are comprised of 2 somatotypes, but you look to be predominately endo. Don't give up on working out, in the long run the right combination of activity will yield favorable results. You may not get rid of the Gyno, but adding inches to your traps, delts, and pecs will give you new self confidence. Some food for thought, hope it helps man.

Thank You, Sir. Good information. When i tell most people about my failure to lose weight they just tell me "tough shit". So yeah, thanks for your input.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024