Author Topic: Beginner 101  (Read 2583 times)

Offline jdennis

Stumbled on to this link yesterday just trying to get info on my condition. I feel very strange posting this in public like I am some kind of wierdo. Have not even mentioned this subject with my wife despite 29 yrs of marriage. You all know the drill, no pool, no beach despite living in warm climate. I have been taking steroids for a number of years because of a medical condition, abit overweight, and had this Gyne tendecy anyway. Some so called experts believe with proper diet and excercise you can eliminate most of it. Are there any success stories of this method. I guess I am afraid of surgery and the coming out of the Gyne closet (at least to my wife). I appreciate the support on this site and any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Offline tubbs

• Posting Member
It all depends how severe your case is, but generally speaking, if you're motivated enough to have posted here, you probably have a 'good' enough case to where you'd need surgery to get rid of it and make you happy.

Furthermore, don't worry about posting here.  It's full of understanding people who are honest and forthright who all respect each other because we all have to live with it (hopefully, I won't be living with it much longer...had my surgery last week! ;D

Offline MSJ108

Losing weight will help if you have fat build up. Nothing but surgery will help the gland build up.

By the way I know how you feel. I told my wife last week and she laughed at me and said I was crazy. I know I have a slight case though and it sucks never taking my shirt off in public.

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Stumbled on to this link yesterday just trying to get info on my condition. I feel very strange posting this in public like I am some kind of wierdo.

Feel kinda like a 'freak' and that you were the only one right? Well, you're not my man! Many boys/men have Gynecomastia. Sure, it feels strange at first, but you will quickly feel much at ease now that you have let your secret out and know that many, many others share your condition. Welcome to the Site!

Have not even mentioned this subject with my wife despite 29 yrs of marriage.

I had been married for 13 years (16 now) when I found this Site and got medical help. Not once, like you, did I mention the pain to my wife. Very quickly, I realized what had to be done. Surgery was the only option. I discussed it with my wife, she said I didn't need it but was very supportive anyways. Funny thing is, after all was said and done, my wife saw the before and after pics and only then, did she agree that surgery was the right/only choice.

Some so called experts believe with proper diet and excercise you can eliminate most of it. Are there any success stories of this method.

I have only heard of one 'story' of natural healing. However that member had no documentation (pics) to back up his claim...

Loosing weight/getting fit(er), may somewhat reduce the size, but in the vast majority of cases, it will not get rid of the gyne.

I guess I am afraid of surgery and the coming out of the Gyne closet (at least to my wife).

Most of us are afraid at first my man. That's normal. Your wife loves you for 'who' you are. She won't love you any less because you have Gynecomastia. She will probably be very supportive of any decision you make on the issue. You need to tell her dude. If you decide to get surgery, there is no way that you will be able to hide it from her anyways. Sure, it may be difficult talking to your wife about it, but once you do, you will feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of your shoulders. Trust me on that!  ;)

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

By the way I know how you feel. I told my wife last week and she laughed at me and said I was crazy.

My wife had a similar attitude...  She said I didn't need surgery and that I was being 'impulsive'. LOL! Wanting it gone for 31 years, day in and day out... is not by any means, being 'impulsive'...   ::)

GB

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
As with the others who have weighed in already, It was never an issue with the ladies in my life.

Welcome aboard, We are all in the same boat.
Grandpa Dan

Offline MSJ108

By the way I know how you feel. I told my wife last week and she laughed at me and said I was crazy.

My wife had a similar attitude...  She said I didn't need surgery and that I was being 'impulsive'. LOL! Wanting it gone for 31 years, day in and day out... is not by any means, being 'impulsive'...   ::)

GB

Yup I got the same response. She said "you do not have boobs" She is right I don't but I explained puffy nipples and she said "I was nuts". I even showed her before and after pictures of people with similar condition and she said "doesn't look much different to me". Right now I am trying to convince her to let me move forward and spend our hard earned money on the surgery.

Offline MSJ108

Stumbled on to this link yesterday just trying to get info on my condition. I feel very strange posting this in public like I am some kind of wierdo.

Feel kinda like a 'freak' and that you were the only one right? Well, you're not my man! Many boys/men have Gynecomastia. Sure, it feels strange at first, but you will quickly feel much at ease now that you have let your secret out and know that many, many others share your condition. Welcome to the Site!

I had been married for 13 years (16 now) when I found this Site and got medical help. Not once, like you, did I mention the pain to my wife. Very quickly, I realized what had to be done. Surgery was the only option. I discussed it with my wife, she said I didn't need it but was very supportive anyways. Funny thing is, after all was said and done, my wife saw the before and after pics and only then, did she agree that surgery was the right/only choice.

Some so called experts believe with proper diet and excercise you can eliminate most of it. Are there any success stories of this method.

I have only heard of one 'story' of natural healing. However that member had no documentation (pics) to back up his claim...

Loosing weight/getting fit(er), may somewhat reduce the size, but in the vast majority of cases, it will not get rid of the gyne.

I guess I am afraid of surgery and the coming out of the Gyne closet (at least to my wife).

Most of us are afraid at first my man. That's normal. Your wife loves you for 'who' you are. She won't love you any less because you have Gynecomastia. She will probably be very supportive of any decision you make on the issue. You need to tell her dude. If you decide to get surgery, there is no way that you will be able to hide it from her anyways. Sure, it may be difficult talking to your wife about it, but once you do, you will feel like a huge weight has been lifted off of your shoulders. Trust me on that!  ;)

GB

Great posting sir!

Offline Grandpa Bambu

GB

Great posting sir!

;)

GB

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024