Author Topic: Injection scar tissue  (Read 3359 times)

Offline Boobicles

• Posting Member
Hi everyone. I've just had my third operation and at 6weeks I have some pretty serious scar tissue. Has anyone had injections to help with this and if so how successful we're they? Also at what stage did you have them?

Offline gynoforlife

• Posting Member
Another example of doctors not cutting enough tissue out and using the "scar tissue" excuse.  This guy will be getting a fourth surgery to fix his nipple problem he just doesn't realize it yet! 

I believe scar tissue forms on a microscopic level in areas where the liposuction tool was moved through or glandular tissue was cut out.  I do not believe scar tissue can grow to the size of the original glandular tissue which would cause contour problems.  I believe it is generally discounted except where the incisions where made.  We need a doctor to technically prove their case rather than simply state their "doctor status opinion".

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
Read the thread I just bumped up. Pre and post surgery worries.

Offline Boobicles

• Posting Member
Thanks for your reply gynoforlife. However a good portion of this "scar tissue" is where it was pretty flat already from previous surgeries so it def is not left over gland tissue.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
If you were originally flat after surgery, then in all likelihood, you have built up scar tissue.  Re-current gland tissue does not grow that fast -- if at all.

You may be one of those patients who just simply forms scar tissue.  We surgeons do not know why some people form more scar tissue and others do not.  However, if scar tissue forms, the first treatment is often massage to try to diminish any accompanying swelling and reduce some of the scar tissue.  Also, understand that the body begins to form scar tissue within a week or two after surgery and it continues to form scar tissue for several months.  Then, the body begins to break down some of the scar tissue.

Six weeks is too early, in my opinion, to consider cortisone injections, but it may be in your future sometime soon.  Best to discuss this option and timing with your surgeon.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Boobicles

• Posting Member
Thank you for the reply dr Jacobs. The biggest lump of tissue that's concerning me is high up on my chest. It's very thick and lumpy not like the hardness round the nipples. Could this be a lot of swelling still or could this too be scar tissue. Also at what time will it start to break down? I'm not sure if I should massage still?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Sorry I cannot provide specific advice to you -- you are not my patient and I haven't examined you.  Best to return to your surgeon with some of these questions.

Dr Jacobs

Offline Boobicles

• Posting Member
I just wondered if I could still have a lot of swelling at 7 weeks?

Offline Westsyder

• Posting Member

I am experienced with scar tissue post op and cortisone injections. YES the injections are great and they workand totally give back the true contour of the surgery. But you must try everything else before because the more natural the better until ut will not go down any more. Here are my steps to getting rid of scar tissue.

Take it easy until 10 weeks post op, than get back into working out, make sure you eat super healthy, Vitamin C Diet, and stay positive, LOW STRESS! You will go through mental frustrations for a long time now trust me. Massage EVERYDAY 2-3 times a day for 25 min with lubiderm V-B6 non scented lotion, or palmers V-E lotion, do this not too hard but not to soft.  Over the months you will do deeper harder massages. Replace garmet with tight (compression) Under armor, WEAR it all day everyday. And Buy Scar away brand silicone pads 10 weeks post op, wear these ALL DAY and  EVERYDAY as well, unless showering or massage time.

After the 8th month and there is still enough scar tissue that makes the areola not look flush and flat than you MUST BEGIN 5fu/kenalog treatments or just Kenalog treatments on the scar tissue, You must get a plastic surgeon that does this on Post Male Chest patients. Don't go to another doctor that does not specialize in plastic surg or has never done it on post gyn patients. but works like magic and will melt away the scar tissue so its not noticeable or almost nonexistent. You may have to do a series of these until happy. anywhere from 1 - 8 shots on each side.

Keep faith scar tissue is a nightmare. You have about 11 months until the journey is over, so stay positive, and listen to all the advice I am telling you. Trust me I have been through it all and this is the route you must take!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024