Author Topic: Gynecomastia  (Read 1289 times)

Offline shaunrm

Hi guys first post here just trying to get some facts. I am 18 yrs old almost 19 im 5'11-6'0 and weigh between 175-180 i been dieting doing cardio andd lifting lots of weights but still have big moobs. I think i have Gynecomastia because i have really and i mean really puffy nipples and i have lumps under them they do not hurt any more but they used to hurt really bad on touch but as i got older they dont hurt that bad anymore. But they are puffy nipples and they dont look good and just wondering how i could try and get my insurance to help pay for some time of treatment. Like i said im only 18 and dont have a job at the time and it would be really hard to pay fully for something like this. So if anyone could help please do so

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Welcome to gyne.org!  You will find a lot of sympathetic brethren on this site.

As to your situation, if you have had gyne with puffy nipples for several years, then it will probably not disappear spontaneously and surgery would be your best bet.  Unfortunately, as many of the guys here have discovered, insurance companies are not your friend and they are loathe to cover gynecomastia surgery except under extremely specific circumstances.  Most average guys simply do not qualify for insurance.

That leaves paying for surgery, which at your stage may be difficult.  Best advice is to purchase a compression garment, to provide you -- at least temporarily -- with a better and more comfortable shape.  Then get determined to save for surgery.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024