Author Topic: New member! 14 weeks post op. Thinking revision is needed! (Photos added)  (Read 2829 times)

Offline jmf

Hello everyone!

Here's my situation. I had gynecomastia surgery 14 weeks ago. I've be trying to be patient and let time handle the healing process.  Unfortunately I didnt know about this site before I had my surgery, and I allowed a GS to perform the surgery. Maybe not the best idea.

-Half of my left areola is held to my pectoral muscle with scar tissue. Creating a slight indentation.  (I believe to much glad was removed) I've tried to massage to release the scar tissue with no success.

-There also seems to be a "pea sized" lump/scar tissue behind the same areola as well. It feels sharp almost and if pressed on or squeezed (I know I shouldn't) it hurts.

-My right areola is a different story. This has been worrisome since day 1.  The bottom areola turned black "almost" after surgery.  But did return to normal color after the scab had fallen off. A hypertrophic scar formed witch pushed my areola out. I massaged...massaged... wore silicone strips. It has flattened a little but there still remains a clump of soft scar tisse behind the areola.

-The incision scar on my right is irregular as well... And the surgery is easily noticeable on that side.  Witch I dislike because I do not feel comfortable with my shirt off, thinking people will ask me questions about it.

So here I am... With an indent on one side, protruding areola on the other. Not too pleased... I'm thinking revison would be the only option???

Thanks for reading! And any suggestions/comments would be appreciated!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 09:54:34 PM by jmf »

Offline opus_dei

• Posting Member
I  won't be much help to provide you advice, as I am only one week posto-op. However, having read many posts by users and readers on this website, some people suggest that healing continues till 6 months post-op. A lot of them claim that scar tissue is dissipated by the body itself, while others claim that massage and silicon strips produce results in about 3 months. A few doctors also recommend steroid injections for dissolving the scar tissue. Have you asked your surgeon for his opinion?

Maybe if you are able to provide a pictures, the doctors that regularly post on this site can provide their opinion.

Offline jmf

Yea, I've read most of the same information.  I'll try to get some pictures posted and see if a Doc can give their opinion.  I've pretty much tried/done everything that I've read about my situation. The GS didn't provide me with much of a post op care regimen. No talk of compression or massage.

Offline jmf

Hopefully a Doctor can shine some light on my concerns. (Added photos to original post)

Here's some pictures of my right and left.  You can see the indent on my left photo. I can feel the scar tissue attached to my pectoral muscle like I mentioned in my original post.  If I pull the skin away from my chest I can feel my muscle stretch with the skin. The indent is noticeable when wearing a tank-top/wife beater. Witch I dont feel comfortable wearing without a shirt over it, due to symmetry issues between both sides.

The photo of the right shows the incision irregularity. It also looks abit red/irritated. (After 3 months!) Behind I sill have a mass of scar tissue. (hopefully not remaining gland) I've read kenalog shots can reduce scar tissue. And surgically removing scar tissue could lead to the body laying down more scar tissue.  (So I'm not sure if the incision scar can be improved without increasing scar tissue)

I'm hoping these issues will heal over time. But I believe a revision will need to be done in order for me to be satisfied with my chest.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024