Author Topic: What I wore out today photos....  (Read 4092 times)

Offline oldguy

• Silver Member
I'm working to clean up my shop before I get turned in to the Hoarders TV show. But I just came back from the house and when I passed my shirt hanging on the hook inside the shop I realized I just went and got the mail went inside the house waved my neighbor in the backyard as I was coming back into the shop and didn't realize it just had my wife beater shirt on and you can clearly see from the photos I'm not really hiding much so neighbor didn't look surprised though but then he sees me out cutting grass all the time I have to wear my bra when I'm cutting grass I bounced around like a Baywatch babe running. but anyway this is what I wore all day cleaning up my shop.
First cutting today.  Normally get 3/4 yd/500sf.  Today was 2 1/2 yards.  Rained just after I finished.  More work tomorrow.  Still cool here, so I don't worry about my boobs.  Also, we don't have any neighbors nearby.  Need to clean up my shop.  Probably, this weekend, when it's warmer.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 04:36:16 PM by oldguy »

Brdy64

Wore my bootie shorts today to the day center and no one said a thing. I 'was' told I can wear "shorts or pants".
Blouses I guess do have to look neutral. :(
I'm kind of pushing the envelope on their 'ultra conservative dress code'. 🤔

Oh my goodness do I need to lose weight! My legs look so chunky. I don't look as good in them as the Torrid model. 😳
My friend next to me asked if I have a problem shaving my legs or if the CNA helps me.
Nope, I don't really have hair on my legs or armpits. I never did! 😉
Some of the staff were reluctant to call me 'Birdie', but the social worker told them it's effective immediately. More have finally started coming around. 💃

It has been a nice day 😁
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 10:55:49 PM by 💁Birdie »

Brdy64

My new Torrid Jersey over a Torrid 360 front close t shirt bra. Black 3.5 "boyfriend" shorts from Torrid as well. 
Lip gloss only in the makeup department. 

100% off the women's rack but very "tomboyish". 💖💖🙆‍♀️💖💖

aboywithgirls

You look very well supported! I would speak to whomever is in charge at the center and tell them that they can't deny you a reasonable accommodation under the ADA.

Offline taxmapper

You look very well supported! I would speak to whomever is in charge at the center and tell them that they can't deny you a reasonable accommodation under the ADA.
This. 

Brdy64

This.
I'm not sure ADA would cover me wearing a dress. 🤔

The bra yes, but the center accepts the bra. They don't like my teal colored bras because they show, but they accept them. 

Offline taxmapper

NOT a lawyer, but we were recently schooled on this. 

https://www.jdsupra.com/legalnews/gender-dysphoria-and-the-ada-what-it-7737751/

I dont want you to get into a fight you dont need. 

But the ADA has non-discrimination for gender identification. 

Brdy64

NOT a lawyer, but we were recently schooled on this.

https://www.jdsupra.com/legalnews/gender-dysphoria-and-the-ada-what-it-7737751/

I dont want you to get into a fight you dont need.

But the ADA has non-discrimination for gender identification.
Very interesting 🤔

The psychiatrist my doctor referred me to said I have "gender dysphoria" because I refuse to accept my doctor's decision that I am male based off my chromosomes. Of course she wanted to "treat me" for it. "Accept my diagnosis.

42. U.S.C. § 12102(1)(A)  Further, the ADA prohibits public entities from discriminating against, or excluding from participation in the benefits of services, programs, and activities, any qualified individual with a disability. 42 U.S.C. § 12132. Today, federal courts have increasingly taken the stance that gender dysphoria meets the criteria laid out by the ADA for a disability and is therefore afforded protection under anti-discrimination laws

They are a private entity. 
I do know they "reserve the right to refuse service to anyone". 🤔

Offline taxmapper

they cant if they receive Fed. Money. 

Brdy64

they cant if they receive Fed. Money.
They are paid through Medicare and Medicaid. 🤔

Offline taxmapper

yep... they cant discriminate. 

Brdy64

yep... they cant discriminate.
 Now, am I up for the fight?
I do know I would have a fight on my hands if I pressed the issue. 🤔
The last person that sued the center over something lost his case and no longer is allowed to attend, and he had an APS officer involved in it as well. 
I think he sued for inadequate care. 

So far my "women's rack" clothing is slipping by with minimal resistance a long as I keep it androgynous. But dressing how I feel would really be nice too. 🤔

I really need to think about this one. 🤔

Offline taxmapper

Pick your battles.  

What is more important? 
Care of dress? 

Knowing one's rights is one thing, exercising them is something left up to discernment. 

Offline Moobzie

• Silver Member
I agree with Taxmapper :
Choose your battles.
Do you attend the center for treatment?  Then accept their protocols.
I neither complain, vocally object to, nor display disagreement with organizational 'political policies' I may personally disagree with.  I go to my clinic for dental, cardiac and orthopedic treatment.  I reserve my public opinionating for other venues.  Seems like not only common courtesy towards the staff (who have no say in and must not dare to question their employers' stances), but also common sense. And their are many places that do allow wardrobe freedom - is it possible for you to use another facility?  

Brdy64

their are many places that do allow wardrobe freedom - is it possible for you to use another facility? 
In my town there is only "one" facility that offers the insurance package with everything included without co-pays. If I were too lose their services I would either have to pay a much higher amount for the same coverage, or move to another town that has something similar.

Losing their services would be quite distressing.

I have been threatened to be removed from the service program over much less. 
What I do, or wear while at home they don't care about. They are only strict at the center. 
This is Texas, and any court case would be heard in a Texas court.
Pushing the issue here might make me lose my insurance benefits.
Like Taxmapper said, knowing your rights and demanding your rights are quite different.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2023, 11:46:07 PM by 💁Birdie💖 »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024