Author Topic: Just got back from Surgery  (Read 3929 times)

Offline BigChest

• Posting Member
Hey guys, well I just got back from surgery. It was yesterday morning, and it was a pretty interesting experience.

First off, I only had lipo done. The glands in my chest underneath my areolas weren't very hard, they were pretty soft (felt similar to body fat, except a bit harder), so the doctor said she didn't need to cut any gland.

If anyone has only had lipo done, does the gland grow back in size? I'm wondering if perhaps the lipo sucked the gland out. I'm going to ask my doctor when I visit her in a week so I'll ask her all my questions. She did tell me it wasn't going to be necessary once she did the liposuction and saw nothing to cut on the consultation, and said it'd be permanent.

Anyways, my chest feels pretty sore. Right now it's Friday night, almost 10PM PST, and I can't take the bandages off til Sunday. Can't wait to take it off and just wear the compression vest itself. I'm looking forward to the light-headed affect some of you have mentioned.

I'll post some before and after pictures pretty soon. Perhaps after Sunday when the bandages come off.

Offline SC GameCOCKS

• Gold Member
  • Unsuccessful Lipo...Excision Revision..still Puffy
I, and many other members, had bad results with lipo only  :-/ I def hope ur situation works out for the best
8 years of suffering Mild gyne...
2 surgeries & $6,000 later....
         STILL PUFFY   :/

Offline BigChest

• Posting Member
Hey SC,

I'm sorry to hear that the lipo-only procedure hasn't worked well for you and the many other members included...but may I ask, what did you experience when you realized it did not work out. Did your gyne return? Enlarge?

Offline popozao26

• Posting Member
I had my surgery yesterday as well and my Dr. said the same thing about my gyne, 'that the tissue wasnt hard enough for gland excission, that the lipo would remove most of the soft gland tissue.'  he explained that 'sometimes hard gland tissue in gyne is from people who have abused steriods and steriod gyne can be very hard, therefore needing excision. mine was something I'd had since puberty'. That's what he said, who knows?  but i agree after reading these boards I was a bit surprised he didnt do gland excission even after I asked for it multiple times.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 10:04:03 AM by popozao26 »

Offline BigChest

• Posting Member
Popozao,

I hope the best for your surgery too. I'm going to wait one week until I visit my doctor to see what's going to happen.

I didn't have any hard gland at all, the endocrinologist I consulted told me it was very soft tissue, but what I was wondering was wouldn't the soft tissue be attached to something that would consequently require an incision? Or is it just there enthused in the body fat?

Offline popozao26

• Posting Member
sounds like we are in similar boats, my dr. said my gland mass was enthused to the fat so lipo would take care of it.  i think for us we just have to wait the 6 months - 1 yr. to see if they were right.  

Offline Bradley07

• Silver Member
i'm confused about that--about not doing excision if the gland isn't hard. i don't have any hard gland but my doc said he would prefer doing excision to lipo. so i don't know why your doc wouldn't do excision. i guess each doc has his/her preference.

Offline Tremere

May i ask something? Some ppl are talking about only lipo or only excision , i dont know, but cant the dr. do both things? and if yes, it isnt the best thing to do?

Offline nonini

• Silver Member
May i ask something? Some ppl are talking about only lipo or only excision , i dont know, but cant the dr. do both things? and if yes, it isnt the best thing to do?

Well what if there isnt anything to lipo or to excise? Then it would be kinda stupid to do both.

Offline Tremere

Well what if there isnt anything to lipo or to excise? Then it would be kinda stupid to do both.

But if there isnt anything to lipo or to excise, what they can do to "eliminate" the problem? oO

Offline Pedro_portugal

• Posting Member

But if there isnt anything to lipo or to excise, what they can do to "eliminate" the problem? oO

If there is not a hypertrophied gland ("big gland") to excise or adipose tissue (fat) to remove it is obvious that there is nothing else to do.. because there are no other causes for the gynecomastia (or pseudogynecomastia).
Other problems besides the patological situations I've refered anteriorly, are: neoplasic situations (breast cancer in men are very rare), hematoma (collection of blood induced by a traumatism, for example), edema (collection of a serous fluid), and I don't remember any more causes that can cause chest enlargement.
If your chest is growing, the probability of being a true gynecomastia situation is very high.
So I recommend you to see an endocrinologist and he/she will study your situation
;)

Pedro Lopes
Med Student
(Portugal)

Offline nonini

• Silver Member

I meant that there is either nothing to excise or nothing to lipo, not both at the same time.

Then there is no gyno obviously.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024