Author Topic: Puffy nipples - exercise making it worse?  (Read 11774 times)

Offline hendrix72

• Posting Member
Hey guys. I'm 18 and have had pretty bad puffy nipples since I was 12/13. I have never been extremely thin, which may be holding me back some, but I'm not a 'fat'/'overweight' person, per se. Seriously, this condition makes me so agitated and (though I'd never do it) quite suicidal at times. Only rarely. I seriously need to get it sorted but live in the UK (knowing that most surgery takes place in the US) and have grown up in a pretty poor family.

With puffy nipples -- what kind of surgery will I need; how much will it cost; will I be able to get it for free somehow (I have seen that people have, e.g. rage.against.the.machine); and how long is the typical waiting list? I am starting uni in late-Sep and really want to be looking good. It has held me back for too long now.

PS: As I mentioned in the title, exercise seems to be making my condition worse, which kind of creates a viscious cycle and confuses me. I try to do as much cardio as poss, but it doesn't help and sometimes makes it worse. Working out with weights, especially, has made the condition a lot worse, and whenever I eat it seems to go straight to my nipples. What the hell is going on? What kinda surgery do I need (+ above questions)?

Thanks for any help, I know a lot of you feel my pain.

Offline auron990

Exercise made mines worse. I was always a bit chubby and I never realized I had an enlarged gland. As I lost weight I realized I had a hard mass under my chest. As I gain muscle on my chest, my pecs actually push them out.

Offline GoldenGate

• Bronze Member
  • Don't worry, be happy!
I have really found that diet and lifestyle choices really affect my problem.  Something that I have not seen mentioned enough is to stay away from really hoppy beer when you go off to uni!
If the worst health issue you face is only an aesthetic one - remember it is just that. You can fix it with surgery, or hide it, or deal with it. The bottom line - we are all battling something that shouldn't stop us from missing out on life and living how we want to. Everyone should be so lucky!

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
what type of beer is hoppy then golden gate? do u know wich ones to avoid

Offline GoldenGate

• Bronze Member
  • Don't worry, be happy!
Yes!  Unfortunately the BEST beers to my taste are the hoppiest ones.

Without getting too confusing I can briefly explain, whenever you see a brewer post the I.B.U of their beer, that it the "International Bitterness Units" and pretty much tells you how much the beer has been hopped.  There are different ways of infusing both aroma and bitterness flavor into beer using hops and it depends on when the brewing process they are introduced...  Anyways, if you are drinking a beer that you have the luxury of finding out the IBU's go for the lowest one.

Types of Beers that tend to be the hoppiest:
1.  FAR and AWAY would be IPA's (India Pale Ales)
2.  Barley Wines
3.  Pilsners
4.  Some pale ales can tend to be pretty hoppy

The best advice I can give you is stick to Lagers (except the Pilsner lagers of course) - Most popular american beers, octoberfests, Helles, Dunkel, most types of Bocks, etc.

Offline postiey

• Gold Member
thats ok then cause i have only ever drank lager lol. im not sure if that is what has caused my gyne, but i am a social drinker. if anything the night after drinking my gyne seems to look better!! thanks for the info tho goldengate!!

Offline GoldenGate

• Bronze Member
  • Don't worry, be happy!
That's great.  As you know things affect people differently.

The lack of puffiness could be from the dehydration the next day.  Alcohol is a diuretic.

I think that the consistant and heavy intake of large amounts of hops can definitely have an impact.
There is definitely something at play.

Just go around a craft brewers meeting and see for yourself how many guys have gyne.

Offline Personal1

• Bronze Member
Exercise might make it look worse, but think about it this way:

Would you rather have a chest with muscles and gynecomastia or a chest with fat with gynecomastia?

Plus, the overall outcome of surgery will probably look a lot better with abit of muscle, and I'm assuming it would be easier for the surgeon.

DrBermant

Hey guys. I'm 18 and have had pretty bad puffy nipples since I was 12/13. I have never been extremely thin, which may be holding me back some, but I'm not a 'fat'/'overweight' person, per se. Seriously, this condition makes me so agitated and (though I'd never do it) quite suicidal at times. Only rarely. I seriously need to get it sorted but live in the UK (knowing that most surgery takes place in the US) and have grown up in a pretty poor family.

With puffy nipples -- what kind of surgery will I need; how much will it cost; will I be able to get it for free somehow (I have seen that people have, e.g. rage.against.the.machine); and how long is the typical waiting list? I am starting uni in late-Sep and really want to be looking good. It has held me back for too long now.

PS: As I mentioned in the title, exercise seems to be making my condition worse, which kind of creates a viscious cycle and confuses me. I try to do as much cardio as poss, but it doesn't help and sometimes makes it worse. Working out with weights, especially, has made the condition a lot worse, and whenever I eat it seems to go straight to my nipples. What the hell is going on? What kinda surgery do I need (+ above questions)?

Thanks for any help, I know a lot of you feel my pain.

I work with many Bodybuilders with Gynecomastia. Most complain that as they build muscle, what sits on top of the muscle, just gets pushed out further.

Puffy Nipple Gynecomastia needs a refined touch for a good contour.  Not all doctors have the same skills. Be careful to look for specific examples of that surgeon's skills.  I prefer to target gland first with my Dynamic Technique and then use available resources to leave as little gland as possible. Gland left behind does not compress like fat and can result in Puffy Nipple Complication of Gynecomastia Surgery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024