Author Topic: removing nipple  (Read 5315 times)

Offline user87

• Silver Member
i have a question. if your nipple is sticking out, is it possible to remove the nipple from the outside (cut it away) or do you have to go under the skin? i don't mean the aerola, I mean the tip of it. I think it's called the nipple
something like this http://www.meinpiercing.de/index2.php?option=com_datsogallery&func=wmark&mid=1206

DrBermant

i have a question. if your nipple is sticking out, is it possible to remove the nipple from the outside (cut it away) or do you have to go under the skin? i don't mean the aerola, I mean the tip of it. I think it's called the nipple
something like this http://www.meinpiercing.de/index2.php?option=com_datsogallery&func=wmark&mid=1206

Reduction of Long Nipples is possible. When it is only the skin component, then I offer an anatomic nipple length reduction usually under local anesthesia.

When the problem is both behind the nipple and a long nipple on top of the areola, I prefer a combined approach for the Enlarged Male Nipple.

Removing Male Nipples (both areola and nipple) looks strange, and is something I do not offer.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I can this an ultra-projecting nipple.  And yes, it is possible reduce the projection by one of several techniques -- all done on the outside under local anesthesia.  Obviously, if there is excess breast tissue under the areola or across the chest, we may want to address this is well.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
uh, what?

;D :P ;D

You made me laugh dude...  ;)

GB...
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Mother: 5'9 (shortest in her family even with 3 daughters)
Father: 5'8 (tallest in his family)

Me: 6'2

So.. there's height in my family.

Are you sure you are in the right thread dude?

GB...

Offline Blue Steel

Mother: 5'9 (shortest in her family even with 3 daughters)
Father: 5'8 (tallest in his family)

Me: 6'2

So.. there's height in my family.

Are you sure you are in the right thread dude?

GB...

Haha, the bane of tabbed browsing; confusion. My apologies, I am positive I'm in the wrong thread. It should be a reply to your thread "Height AND 'Gynecomastia'.... ". This is what happens when you have 10+ tabs open and are working on homework at the same time. Sorry!

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
for the record, if you catch it yourself before it confuses someone else, you can always copy it and use the delete option on your own messages. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

Haha, the bane of tabbed browsing; confusion. My apologies, I am positive I'm in the wrong thread. It should be a reply to your thread "Height AND 'Gynecomastia'.... ". This is what happens when you have 10+ tabs open and are working on homework at the same time. Sorry!

Hey... no need to apologize dude. Just wanted to let you know that you were in the wrong thread...  ;)

GB...

Offline user87

• Silver Member
I can this an ultra-projecting nipple.  And yes, it is possible reduce the projection by one of several techniques -- all done on the outside under local anesthesia.  Obviously, if there is excess breast tissue under the areola or across the chest, we may want to address this is well.

Dr Jacobs

ìt seems to me that this procedure would be relatively easy for a doc to handle? right?

DrBermant

ìt seems to me that this procedure would be relatively easy for a doc to handle? right?

Actually, I have seen patients unhappy with nipple reduction operations done by other surgeons. Plastic Surgery is an art form, different surgeons have different skills and results of their work vary. That is why checking out actual examples of that doctor's results for that problem can be so important.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Male Breast Reduction

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024