Author Topic: Covering up  (Read 2094 times)

Offline bluelabel

I have gynecomastia and living in a warm area, I cannot put on too much clothing to hide it. I have taken to wearing double pocket shirts or a sports bra under t shirts. My nipples point forward quite prominently. The sports bras I have are XL. The bras are all made for women, the sports bras cut into the muscles under your arms and go too far down in the front. The vests and such like that are designed for gyne are too hot to wear here.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I had the condition long before spandex The old way was simply to wear a cotton tee shirt a size too small and a loose fitting shirt buttoned down the front. Plaids and patterns conceal better than stripes or solid colors.Pockets help.

You mention living in a hot climate. I grew up in So. California. The Air Force sent me to some hot places as well. Libya was really the worst, but Texas could be hot too. Germany and France were nice.

One thing I learned was that out of season or excessively heavy clothing would actually draw attention to you. Basically people would wonder what you were hiding and the heavy sweatshirts and things backfired pretty bad.

Used in this way, a tee shirt will stretch out of shape in a short time. Quality garments held up better than cheap ones but even they needed replacement often and could not be worn more than a day at a time.

Guayabera shirts were the exception to what I said about solid colors and stripes. They actually cover quite well.
Grandpa Dan

Offline xelnaga13

I agree with Paa, in that you don't want to over compensate and make yourself stand out in a negative way. I know it's easier said than done, but the stigma of gyno is not nearly as bad as the stigma of a grown man that's insecure.

hammer

I agree with Paa, in that you don't want to over compensate and make yourself stand out in a negative way. I know it's easier said than done, but the stigma of gyno is not nearly as bad as the stigma of a grown man that's insecure.

Roger that, that's a big 10-4 good buddy, I couldn't agree more!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024