Author Topic: Wearing a bra for now  (Read 22712 times)

Offline blad

I was mortified at the hospital and when the doctor felt them. At the hospital he said they were feminine in shape and form.  
Yes, I remember having a visit at a children's hospital where I was examined for my breasts. A physician felt and palpated them and then measured each breast with some sort of caliper. Photos were taken at various angles. Definitely on the embarrassment scale. 
If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline taxmapper

im at 44B now moving to a c cup.  they do protrude to some degree, and i wear padded all the time for shape and protection.  

They dont really fill a C cup as of yet, and strangely enough a regular unpadded doesn't do much for support for me. But they are filling the b cups now and actualy starting to get tight. 
But I guess thats my body type.   
Eventually they will become the famous mono-boob that are the love and bane of existence for many women. 

aboywithgirls

im at 44B now moving to a c cup.  they do protrude to some degree, and i wear padded all the time for shape and protection. 

They dont really fill a C cup as of yet, and strangely enough a regular unpadded doesn't do much for support for me. But they are filling the b cups now and actualy starting to get tight.
But I guess thats my body type. 
Eventually they will become the famous mono-boob that are the love and bane of existence for many women.
That's what so many newer bra wearers tend to forget when they start out. Support is very important but shape is just as important to look your best.

Offline curiousk

• Silver Member
Conor, I know that this is a tough time to navigate the fact that you have breasts large enough to need support.  Try not to get caught up in the size that you are, as long as you find a bra that supports you and you feel comfortable wearing.  I've had breasts since I was 11 or 12 years old and probably would have benefited wearing a bra in my teen years.  I'm sure it felt awkward having the conversation with your Mom about your breast shape, wearing bras, etc.  It seems that you have taken the first steps to gaining control of your bras so you can be comfortable.  If you have questions or concerns, reach out to us in the forum or PM us.  We have similar, but unique experiences that could be useful to you.  You are doing the right things for your comfort and appearance.  

Offline Conor W

• Bronze Member
Thanks Guys
Today I was in college where I wear a binder. It’s tight and uncomfy and  isn’t really working. So it’s good to get home at 4 and my routine is to change into a regular bra. That’s how I know that they feel better when supported but they shape up and protrude more. They aren’t  triangles, they are sort of female full on boobs with big sensitive nipples. Plus the straps show if I lean forward. Round the house it doesn’t matter in a T-shirt as my mum and sister know. She saw the pink bra in the wash this morning and said that’s why you were bigger yesterday , you had my push up bra on. I was a bit embarrassed! And if people come round I hide and put a cardigan on it sports hoodie. But I know the secret is going to come out soon. I can’t hide away and my friends will wonder what’s wrong. 
We are having a bit of a garden party at friends at the end of the week. College is almost done. Part of me is tempted just to wear a bra and get it over with wearing a thick shirt. Maybe tell the two girls I’m closer with the day before. So hopefully there is moral support. 

Offline Conor W

• Bronze Member
And your right. I think when the young male doctor held my breasts and looked me in the eye as he did it saying they were feminine in appearance and feel and basically squeezed the nipple- that was maximum embarrassment. My mum was the other side of the  curtain. Then the consultant came in and had a feel with my mum watching. I think when he said they were like a girls breasts she started to ask him if I needed a bra. She said we were binding it.He said you need to talk about it and see how it goes.  
I have a slight heart issue which is worrying me they won’t operate 

Offline blad

I still maintain that if you have the right shirt selection you should not worry about any bra outline showing through. Again, T shirts are just not going to work as well as they are often too form fitting and thin, and if you bend over the back bra straps will easily show through. 

With my relax fit pattern button down shirts I have no worry of anyone picking up on my bra outline. They may see my breasts projecting some what but that will be the case of a bra or not. Only a hug or pat on the back would give away my bra. 

Offline FredL

• Silver Member
I wish you the best. That's a tough break - a heart issue at 18. 

If a bra works for you, then I think you should own it and let the good people here help you find what works the best.

If you're going for surgery, then I envy you. If I had this thing addressed at age 18 it would have been a whole different life for me. This embarrassing affliction has been like a ball and chain. Forcing me to be anti social, wearing ugly clothes, feeling like some kind of misfit because of something totally out of my control. Then waiting until age 57 to address it. If only I had a time machine. 

Offline Conor W

• Bronze Member
Yes, I have a shirt that may work 

Offline Conor W

• Bronze Member
I wish you the best. That's a tough break - a heart issue at 18.

If a bra works for you, then I think you should own it and let the good people here help you find what works the best.

If you're going for surgery, then I envy you. If I had this thing addressed at age 18 it would have been a whole different life for me. This embarrassing affliction has been like a ball and chain. Forcing me to be anti social, wearing ugly clothes, feeling like some kind of misfit because of something totally out of my control. Then waiting until age 57 to address it. If only I had a time machine.
It’s just a slight heart rhythm thing they spotted on a scan. No big issue 

gmast

I still maintain that if you have the right shirt selection you should not worry about any bra outline showing through. Again, T shirts are just not going to work as well as they are often too form fitting and thin, and if you bend over the back bra straps will easily show through.
If you are picking your shirts to keep the bra straps from showing, you are doing it backwards.  Don't try to minimize the problem with a shirt, minimize it with the bra, then supplement it with the shirt.  Get a bra that doesn't have bra straps that aren't thick, don't go over your shoulder blades, and doesn't have adjusters that make lumps on the back or shoulders.  Racerback bras have the straps come up the back between the shoulder blades.  These are less likely to show on the back and shoulders.  On some brands the straps are between the shoulder and neck and work with T-shirts, but often the straps are close to the neck so they will work with collered shirts, but not T-shirts.  T-Back bras also go between the shoulder blades and the straps are usually further from the neck so they aren't as likely to be seen under a T-shirt.

Offline brock123

• Silver Member
To me, this story feels like you are generally accepting of your appearance, and that's phenomenal.  But, I sense that while you are comfortable enough in your own skin, you are still worried about what your peers think, which is perfectly normal, but may be holding you back.

My concern for you is that it seems that you may have been (somewhat reluctantly) pushed into accepting your body geometry by females, and at a fairly young age.  I mean there ARE surgery options available out there that could help you attain a more "masculine" body geometry if you want, but only women are supposed to possess and embrace breasts.  Men are (sadly) still not there.

So what if you happen to need/want to wear a pink bra? It's YOUR body and YOUR clothes; do what feels right and try not to think about what anyone else things (easy to say when you're pushing 50, right?).

Offline blad

Since my teen years, I never had negative feelings about wearing a bra to best deal with my breast comfort. It quickly seemed appropriate and even made me feel better about my breasts.

I just wanted an atmosphere to do so without sharing it to the rest of the world and needing to explain my situation. It was not something I wanted to be public about. And that is really the biggest challenge; not accepting breasts and the benefit of a bra but just ones public presentation.

Offline Conor W

• Bronze Member
Thanks. To be honest, talking on here is making a bit more confident about being more in control. I think I had a few years to get used the idea of my boobs but moving from binding to bras is a psychological shock. I know I feel comfort in a bra and that’s the embarrassing bit. And I don’t feel like a proper man. I had the afternoon off and my mum was off so we had a chat why my sister was at school. I said I’d been researching and wanted to try a racer bra. She said she knew I was struggling binding and if I wanted to wear a bra more it’s my choice. She sort of suggested I needed to do something. Some of the bras are 42, one is 44 for some reason so we ordered a 42b that fastens at the front as she said that hides the clasp. I think I’m more bothered about what people will say and react plus it looking stupid out and about. I can try wear clothes to hide. 

I only ended up trying the pink one when I said do other colours hide better and she got me one of my sisters old ones. Still feels mad talking about bras but certainly at home it’s sort of routine to have one on

Offline taxmapper

So that you know that others are in the same boat. 

I have had several clasp type bras that simply didn't work for me, so i have stuck to sports bras but that's my issue.   

I enjoy the racer backs because they don't have the strap constantly falling off the side and I dont have the downward stress of the straps on me. 
The Y and T backs are most comfortable for me and because they have no clasps involved I don't have that issue. Just protrusion of the breasts themselves under pads. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024