Author Topic: It is official, I’m just fat  (Read 4485 times)

Offline Johndoe1

So a hormonal imbalance with less testosterone and more estrogen causes fat. And then the estrogen is stored in fat cells? So trying to lose weight in those particular places might be hard to do until one gets their hormones back in order it sounds like.
Fat stores estrogen naturally as a normal function. As you increase fat, you store more estrogen. When you lose weight and that fat is burned up as energy, the stored estrogen is released back into the system and along with any naturally occurring estrogen is more powerful in the effects on the body. The more fat that is burned as energy, the more estrogen that is released back into the system.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Busted (and happy)

Just a different angle.
When I first worked in CT I quickly discovered that women  are surrounded by a layer of superficial fat. Whereas normal male distribution is more internal, surrounding vital organs. It really is true that inside every well covered woman there is a thin one trying to get out This is most obvious around the mammary glands and buttocks
Wherever estrogen dominates or is out of wack v testosterone  in males be it from internal reasons, environmental intake or the excess of hops in beer, male fat distribution changes and........ willy nilly we become more female in shape.
Tough life isn't it?

Dudewithboobs

Ironically where men who are overweight create more estrogen women who are overweight create more testosterone thus creating more hair on arms or upper lip and vaginal dryness opposed to men who develop breasts ED and so forth. The body is a funny thing. 

bikerbob

I am pretty sure I have pseudo gyno because I don't seem to have any plumbing and my nipples have not changed in shape, although they do seem to have become more sensitive, which I do not consider a problem.
I am 15-20 lb overweight but I have been a bit overweight for a lot longer than I have had breast growth.  Also, one is about half a cup size larger than the other so I think there is more going on here than just fat.  If I lose weight, I don't really expect the boobs to go away.

Offline Amiga

• Posting Member
That's where I'm at too, Felix. I'm well overweight but I've been 50 pounds heavier than this and don't remember the size and shape being the way it is now. I'm 50 and have recently had some ED issues so I'm reasonably sure something is happening. I feel for a bud and sometimes I'm thinking it's there, other times I'm like "nah...". Have sporadic itching and soreness and my nipples are erect much of the time, so maybe. 

Offline tryingtoaccept

• Silver Member
  • Nothing is impossible, merely expensive.
Even if "just fat" this unless you have excessive weight generally  is still a feminine distribution and is likely rooted in hormones being out of wack.
Dieting may not help and still leaves you with what you may consider "a problem"  and you may still get sore nipples due to friction and protrusion that you may wish to hide and support.
Hope dieting and exercise will help you, but in practical terms it often makes little difference whether you have fat or true gyno on your chest you still may well have to come to terms with the basic decision of support or concealment.
Good point Busted, on my next Dr. Visit I plan to ask about this.  I have read other posts also talking about estrogen induced fat and how difficult that is to get rid of.  I realize the mammo didn’t show breast tissue but that is just the first step.  I don’t know if insurance would authorize a hormone check but I will find out when I get my next appointment.  Depending on the results of that I will consider if I should pursue a support garment or double down on weight loss.
Redfox 🦊

Offline tryingtoaccept

• Silver Member
That's where I'm at too, Felix. I'm well overweight but I've been 50 pounds heavier than this and don't remember the size and shape being the way it is now. I'm 50 and have recently had some ED issues so I'm reasonably sure something is happening. I feel for a bud and sometimes I'm thinking it's there, other times I'm like "nah...". Have sporadic itching and soreness and my nipples are erect much of the time, so maybe.
Amiga, your post is like me writing an autobiography.  I an 49 now so I am basically 50 also.  This is the exact same reason I decided to get checked.  Since I don’t have genuine breast tissue I know something else is going on.  From what I see from other posters such as Sophie I think high estrogen is a very possible explanation.  I plan to call in the morning to set up an appointment with my doctor for farther evaluation.

Offline taxmapper

I go double nickel next week and officially over the hill.  
When I was born, I had an undecended  left testi.  When I was 17 and tried to go into the army I was told I would have to have it removed.  This happened and 6 months later my 36 days in started.  

Everyone told me that my testosterone level wouldn’t  be affected and that I should have large numbers of swimmers. 

Well 30 years and no kids later and growing boobs along with a right testi that isnt doing much make me wonder what the hell is going on.  I also have dull aches where ovaries would sit ( I have had that all my life).  

Your initial diagnosis says fat then a second opinion says boobs.   A tough pill to swallow for sure.  But if you keep going the way your going I would say to embrace and enjoy.   

Offline tryingtoaccept

• Silver Member
I go double nickel next week and officially over the hill.
Happy Birthday Taxmapper, I hope you have a great birthday and Christmas holiday.

Offline taxmapper

Busted (and happy)

It is good to see some good medical sense starting to pervade discussion here  - and elsewhere on the forum 

Offline Amiga

• Posting Member
Amiga, your post is like me writing an autobiography.  I an 49 now so I am basically 50 also.  This is the exact same reason I decided to get checked.  Since I don’t have genuine breast tissue I know something else is going on.  From what I see from other posters such as Sophie I think high estrogen is a very possible explanation.  I plan to call in the morning to set up an appointment with my doctor for farther evaluation.
I hope you are able to get to the bottom of things. I should probably get tested in the new year. I'm working on losing weight so hopefully that'll provide some clues for my situation.

Offline tryingtoaccept

• Silver Member
Thanks Amiga, I have an appointment this afternoon and I will discuss this with my doctor and see if she will do a hormone test.  I know something is off and I hope to find out what it is soon.

Offline Gotboobs

• Silver Member
Women’s boobs are mostly fat also. It all depends on where your fat goes to. Some overweight women have small boobs and some have large boobs. Men are no different. Especially those of us with hormonal imbalances. So the men who are unlucky enough for their fat to go to their chest... wear a compression garment of some sort..your boobs will thank you. After trying compression shirts I went to a bra. Didn’t need the rest of me held in...just my boobs😃

Offline brock123

• Silver Member
Women’s boobs are mostly fat also. It all depends on where your fat goes to. Some overweight women have small boobs and some have large boobs. Men are no different. Especially those of us with hormonal imbalances. So the men who are unlucky enough for their fat to go to their chest... wear a compression garment of some sort..your boobs will thank you. After trying compression shirts I went to a bra. Didn’t need the rest of me held in...just my boobs😃

Yes. This. If there is no true breast tissue involved and it's just fat (aka pseudo), know that there are a lot of men out there in the same place as you (like me), but it doesn't mean our "chest" don't bother us cosmetically and/or emotionally and it's not "a problem". It also doesn't mean that we should never have reached out for assistance on improving our personal comfort problem and landed here, but it does mean we are still not in a position to truly understand how men with legitimate clinical Gynecomastia deal with it?

My main deterrent towards this particular platform of conversation since I found that it leans heavily into members that are dealing with true Gynecomastia and still identify as "male", and/or members that have embraced it and opted into transitioning into "females". There is nothing wrong about either position IMO, but I don't fit into either of those particular categories too. OP - you do you, OK? If you find yourself wanting to do or actually doing something traditionally Female in nature -- good for you?

A great many male persons have chest fat that legit should be reeled in by a bra. Fat or errant Brest Tissue, or whatever, why does a simple underwear garment cause so many problems for us?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024